• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

eBay ghost bidders

Honestly thats the only way Ive ever bid on ebay. Its how everyone does it, so you have to do it if you dont want to unnecessarily bid up the price.
As for shill bidding we have a rather famous member on here been busted doing it.
4F5ADC72-C3A1-4118-8245-03B9F2079082.gif

sniping also mitigates how much a shill bidder can jack it.
Shill bidders typically will bid a bit more to see how high the active real bidders are willing to go.
So not bidding at all on an item until the last few seconds prevents them from getting to do that.

The subject of sniping is a laugher to me. It still comes down to the highest bid. I mentioned losing most items I bid on. And I'm sniping all the way. It's just that someone almost always bids higher than me. So nothing to get upset about. Unless ebay changes the rules on that, you either play the game or get left out.

I have to let you guys know that one of the things that tickles me, is when I turn in an odd number bid like $100.01, then find out I won by one cent.

The subject of sniping is a laugher to me. It still comes down to the highest bid. I mentioned losing most items I bid on. And I'm sniping all the way. It's just that someone almost always bids higher than me. So nothing to get upset about. Unless ebay changes the rules on that, you either play the game or get left out.

I have to let you guys know that one of the things that tickles me, is when I turn in an odd number bid like $100.01, then find out I won by one cent.
Ha, I’ve done this too. Last few seconds, random bid of 53.24 or 103.57

Decent read. Don’t hate the player hate the game I guess.
Set yourself a price on your valuation, and stick to it, or snipe, its neither immoral, or illegal. Being savvy is not wrong. What is annoying, is 0 feedback bidders hiking prices,

Honestly thats the only way Ive ever bid on ebay. Its how everyone does it, so you have to do it if you dont want to unnecessarily bid up the price.
hesrightyouknow.png

Only way I've ever bid on ebay; put my max bid in with 2-3 seconds left in the auction. I've NEVER bid any earlier than that. Can't imagine why you would! Just to drive the price up before "final bidding"??

I did see something super odd on ebay last night. Was watching an auction (just to see what the final price was, not bidding). Bid was low $300s till about 30 seconds left, then a flurry of action pushed it up to $396 as time ran out and the clock hit 0. But, then, even as time had run out, the screen glitched and the price went to $405! This was a split second AFTER time had run out and the clock was at 0!! THEN, even weirder, when the page refreshed to show the finished auction, the "sold" price was $420!! Really strange.

Last edited:
View attachment 874853Only way I've ever bid on ebay; put my max bid in with 2-3 seconds left in the auction. I've NEVER bid any earlier than that. Can't imagine why you would! Just to drive the price up before "final bidding"??

I did see something super odd on ebay last night. Was watching an auction (just to see what the final price was, not bidding). Bid was low $300s till about 30 seconds left, then a flurry of action pushed it up to $396 as time ran out and the clock hit 0. But, then, even as time had run out, the screen glitched and the price went to $405! This was a split second AFTER time had run out and the clock was at 0!! THEN, even weirder, when the page refreshed to show the finished auction, the "sold" price was $420!! Really strange.
They must be using the same software that calculated the 2020 election results.

Latest Posts

Back