• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"Edit" tool for title.

Yes time limits were implemented for editing exchange areas related to this thread: Removal of prices in exchange threads | Oakley Forum

The issue is, too many people simply change titles to "Sold", once an item is gone, or edit thread contents - but then it essentially takes away the value of the thread from future members who can use it as a reference point - on top of the fact that you end up with exchange littered with them.

Search results for reference: Search Results for Query: SOLD | Oakley Forum

Seems like there are members on both sides of this change, so it may be need to be discussed further.

I agree went to just change it to sell it instead of trade it I can't now..you may want to look into adding a price box, if your looking to keep that from changing and let people change other stuff.

Yes time limits were implemented for editing exchange areas related to this thread: Removal of prices in exchange threads | Oakley Forum

The issue is, too many people simply change titles to "Sold", once an item is gone, or edit thread contents - but then it essentially takes away the value of the thread from future members who can use it as a reference point - on top of the fact that you end up with exchange littered with them.

Search results for reference: Search Results for Query: SOLD | Oakley Forum

Seems like there are members on both sides of this change, so it may be need to be discussed further.
I see what you mean. I myself add the word "Sold" to the title and replace the price with word "Sold" in the discription because I used to leave the price and I would get several messages asking if the item was still available even after the threat had been locked. Now I don't receive messages because the price isn't there. I can see how it still can clutter the section either way.

Just my personal opinion here... It is nice to have old threads with good titles and prices still listed so that I can reference them when buying/selling, but I would rather see it implemented by a forum rule rather than forced by an editing restriction. Of course, not everyone follows the rules, but my 2 cents is that the editing restrictions aren't worth the luxury of having old threads to reference. The title & first post are the most important part of a sale thread and it's usually the only thing most people bother to read.

Are the new prefixes ever used yet?

Maybe there should be a sticky post in the exchange to remind users to use those.

Back