• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Erratic evolution for the Sutro Lite options ( replacement lenses, nose pads)?

lobergen

Oakley Beginner
As a presentation: I have been an addict ever since Dana The Duke went on a tour in France mid-Eighties, we were using Oakley goggles on the BMX track but with Eyeshades and then Blades we could look cool road racing or hanging around. Then came Mumbos and M Frames as the weapon of choice on the road bike and the pinnacle for me would be the RadarXL that retained most of the minimalism/ purity of design from the Blades combined with functionality for bike racing ( and training). From there I felt the design of the successors became too busy for my taste ( Radarlock, Radar EV, Jawbreaker) even if I could appreciate the functionality. Enter Sutro: back to a minimal design with pure lines but at the detriment of function on the road for me ( obstructed vision by the frame, lack of earsocks) and finally Sutro Lite with the potential for being my new favorite on the bike.
However so far after the launch we are still waiting for clear or low light replacement lenses, I can't find Factory Pilot replacement lenses to match my Factory Pilot frames. And the addition to my collection of a Sweep Vented made it clear that I need a bigger rubber nose guard ( asia fit indeed): despite researching the web for a week I can't manage to find those.
And what happened to the custom Factory Pilot models?

Collabs, Ltd editions and hype but lack of an overall plan.

You can get low light lenses in O stores and on Oakley.com. also asia fit nose pads and some factory pilot lenses are avaliable on the replacement parts portal at customersupport.luxottica.com.

Thanks O bro for the customer support address but the Prizm low light and clear lenses for Sutro Lite do not exist.
And I did try the customer support address but there were only parts for the standard version available and not for the Asian fit meaning the only nose pad I could order there was the same as I already have.

And I did try the customer support address but there were only parts for the standard version available and not for the Asian fit meaning the only nose pad I could order there was the same as I already have.
Did you put in the product code for the asia fit version?

Right now only online customs have a low light option for Sutro Lite's, or stores that handle customs like @O Bro suggested. You'd need to buy the custom with Low light, then you could pick up the other colors of replacement lenses if you wanted a darker option.

heres one I just put together

1648661056519.png

Did you put in the product code for the asia fit version?
Yes I did. (std version: spare parts available/ a.f. version : no spare parts available)
It probably boils down to which country I order from.

Last edited:
Back