• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Evolense: A Good Alternative For Lenses

100% agreed that Evolense lenses are great for their prices.

The fit, color, and clearity are amazing for their price.

I just received my lenses from Evolense for my X-Squared and the color for the red+ are amazing and the clearity on the lenses are very clear. I have taken some pictures of the lenses I received from Evolense.

Sample pictures of the red+ color, amazing color (color looks more amazing then the pictures):
IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

This picture shows how clear it is when looking through the lenses:
IMG_0044.jpg

Hope this review help other people on this forum.

Thanks
the colors look nice, one of the things about Oakley is the optics, your left lens, when you look at the window frame, the line is going down and when it hits your lens the window frame is in a different spot. the optics are wrong. thats the whole XYZ thing oakley talks about.

the colors look nice, one of the things about Oakley is the optics, your left lens, when you look at the window frame, the line is going down and when it hits your lens the window frame is in a different spot. the optics are wrong. thats the whole XYZ thing oakley talks about.

You're on the right track, but generalizing the idea a bit.

The glasses aren't in a perfect orientation, they're pointed to the left a bit relative to the direction of view, and the point of interest. All my Oakley lenses exhibit such an offset in that circumstance. Actually, almost all lenses will have a point where they exhibit near-perfect alignment.

What sets XYZ apart is where that point of perfect alignment is observed. A lot of glasses have that point where the eyes would be looking off center. Also, alignment across the lens (without changing the lens angle) is maintained better to accommodate different eye spacing. The only other brand lens I've seen capable of doing this so far is Rudy Project, and I noticed they're not an option in Oakley's prism test comparison for some reason...not to get cynical. There's a huge gap in clarity regardless.

I tried emailing these guys at the address given earlier in this thread, but didn't get a response. If they now have a website I may check to see if the email is different.

This has been posted in many areas of this forum. ALLL aftermarket lenses made for the X-Metal line are absolute junk. They mis advertise, outright lie about what their lenses consist of, and when I have gone to their listings or site, they cannot answer the simple questions that should be asked.

XYZ Optics= Base In Prism (Many top manufacturers use this type lens)(All Aftermarket lenses for Xmetals DO NOT)
Plutonite lens= Poly carbonate
Iridium coatings (12 micron thick)= Mirror coating, thickness decides how much the mirrored effect has
I am not going through all this again after this post, but, Oakley lenses are good lenses. There is no doubt about that. Are they the best, NO, there are others with the same quality (Costa Del Mar, Ray ban etc...) For a prism test and optical clarity you can adjust your comparable lenses and make them appear inferior very easily. I will post Optical Clarity pics that were done with a Stellar Projector (same as in Oakely's website pics) and will show a no lens pic, Oakley lens pic, and a LineGear pic. Walleva, XLlenses. Exovista, have all been done with similar effect as the linegear.
Several things make the difference. The mirror coatings, that look so cool, can and do creat vision problems. What you will see is what your eye is having to correct when you wear these. Potentially, this can cause eye issues, headaches, and will lower the value of your glasses drastically. Basically no value, and possibly shows you do not care about quality, and therefore chances are you might not have taken care of the glasses while you owned them. Aftermarket lenses should be for Display only. JJ has gone over this also. If you want different color lenses that are not, or were not available for your frame, see Dr. Chop, Xmetalmaniac, or Infintehero for custom cut Oakley Donor lens for your frame. This way you will retain the value of your glasses, be actually able to see correctly, and will reduce the strain on your eyes.
Pics to follow: Look at the word below that states what lens is being viewed, and then look a the clarity of the letters, especially the small "z". Hope all this helps the new guys.
74d8.jpg

rwrf.jpg

s73w.jpg

Next is a 18.00 Base in Prism lens that competes with Oakleys image:
7wb3.jpg

IH, thanks for posting that up. It's nice to see what the differences with an actual eye chart. I know I get headaches looking through the Exovista lenses that came in a pair of Juilet's that I bought. Thankfully they also came with the original lenses. I will say they are pretty to look at, but horrible to look through.

Just a note, after market lenses are 1/4th the price of original polarized oakley lenses. I've stated in other tread post that after market lenses should not be compared to originals unless they do cost the same as originals and if they advertised to be exactly the same as the originals. People who do buy after market lenses are looking for something unique to spice up their frames and not willing to pay $100+ for polarized lenses.

Me personally, I buy replacement lenses from both after market and oakley. I do use different lenses depending on what I'm doing on that day. If I'm at a gathering and want to stand out or just shopping, I put on my after-market lenses. If I'm actually doing some hardcore sports that I need to wear my sunglasses entire day, I'll put on my Oakley lenses.

Shouldn't just bash after-market lenses as they are good for the price that you are paying and depending which after-market company you are buying from since they all have different quality in their lenses.

If you do have problems with your after-market lenses, contact the seller because some after-market lenses are better than others.

But, if you can afford $100+ for replacement polarized lenses and don't care to be unique, go for original Oakley.

Back