• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Exchange Discussion Sub Genre's

music_man185

Oakley Beginner
i think the exchange section needs sub genres. we need a section specifically for people who want to "sell", people looking for a specific frame they want to "buy", and people looking to "trade". when i go to the exchange area, i'm just interested in seeing what people have for sale. i'm not looking to trade or sell anything of my own. its hard to find the threads that are just for sale, without having to look through all of them. most of them are "want to trade", or "want to buy". a section for each would greatly simplify things. also, deleting threads after the glasses have been sold would help clean things up too.

I like the idea of splitting buy sell trade but not deleting sold posts as I like to look back and use them for reference.

If everyone used the proper heading for their threads you'd be able to sort them properly.

The Boss set it up such that when creating a commerce thread there's a drop down for 'WTB WTS WTT' and you choose a category for your thread. The exchange area will filter these categories, but only properly categorized threads will do it. In the mean time you can do a quick search for "WTB" in the subforum header and get the sale threads, you might just have to do it for the words "sell, sale" and others too.

I've seen forums that split it up, and usually the WTB section is just glossed over and people have a harder time making deals from that section.

We could get the exchange section mod to better police thread titles, as they've been doing with price, and more recently with pictures.

If everyone used the proper heading for their threads you'd be able to sort them properly.

The Boss set it up such that when creating a commerce thread there's a drop down for 'WTB WTS WTT' and you choose a category for your thread. The exchange area will filter these categories, but only properly categorized threads will do it. In the mean time you can do a quick search for "WTB" in the subforum header and get the sale threads, you might just have to do it for the words "sell, sale" and others too.

I've seen forums that split it up, and usually the WTB section is just glossed over and people have a harder time making deals from that section.

We could get the exchange section mod to better police thread titles, as they've been doing with price, and more recently with pictures.

most people do use "WTB", "WTT", and "WTS" in their thread titles. but the reality is, that when i go into the exchange section, my only point of interest is to buy. yet i still have to look through all the threads which contain "WTB" and "WTT". if there were sections designated for each one seperately, it would cut down the threads in each section by 2/3's. making each section cleaner and easier to navigate through.

most people do use "WTB", "WTT", and "WTS" in their thread titles. but the reality is, that when i go into the exchange section, my only point of interest is to buy. yet i still have to look through all the threads which contain "WTB" and "WTT". if there were sections designated for each one seperately, it would cut down the threads in each section by 2/3's. making each section cleaner and easier to navigate through.

The bulk of the threads are already WTS. It wouldn't split into 3 sections that are 1/3 the size, it would create two low-traffic areas for WTB and WTT only.

If you go to the bottom of the page (viewing the forum from a normal browser) there are thread display options. Change the prefix to WTB, change the time to only show threads from the last week or last day, or last 2 months.

Is there something specific you're looking for or trying to do? There's probably a way to do it without creating a ton of work splintering the sub-forum into additional subforums, which would require an admin to go through every thread and determine what it was and where it needs to go.

Is there something specific you're looking for or trying to do? There's probably a way to do it without creating a ton of work splintering the sub-forum into additional subforums, which would require an admin to go through every thread and determine what it was and where it needs to go.

i dont see a "ton" of work. simply create 3 sub forums in the exchange area for "sale", "buy", and "trade". its no different than when the frogskin, and x metals sub forums were separated from the regular sunglasses discussion. in fact, both have 3 sub forums of their own. the exchange forum doesn't even have near as many posts as the sunglasses discussion to "splinter" through. and most of which, are dead threads anyway.

For now I would say use the filter menu that was discussed earlier as this will allow you to only display WTB or WTS, and we will continue to discuss, and look into creating sub categories.

Back