• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How about a Buddy System ?

Spc369

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
uk
So every so often on the forum things go south, and if someone isnt best mates with someone to get intouch with them ,you get the dont know whats going on, havent heard from them posts.

How about a buddy system where two members have each others personal contact details and can contact outside forum channels.
There would be a pinned post of who can contact who and if something seems off with something a member can ask the buddy to check out the member is ok / if they can log in and sort any issues.

May help with hacked accounts quicker , as an example.
Regulars can buddy as many as they want. Obviously not so useful for new members but its the established that seem to get hacked.
I reckon the hardcore here all know each other anyway but the on but not on everyday people like myself could benefit.

It was just a thought and may not have any legs but if it could be tweaked to work it may provide an extra benefit when needed.

So 242 views , only 14 likes and no replies 😅
Does this have legs or not?
Real easy to setup. Admin / Moderator / everday regular creates a pinned post Somewhere. People who have each others personal contact details ( ideally a mobile number for ease ) volunteer to go on the list. List gets updated, then if ever theres an issue with a member on the list the buddy can reach out. Possibly saving time / solving an issue.

Hey its not a perfect idea but anythings better than nothing 😀

It will involve people exposing their phone number to another person.......so not too sure it will work; after all, a Smart Phone is only for taking pictures and the Internet, isn't it.....?

As long as people only share it with the one person you buddy up with it should be ok. it Would only be for regulars so people should be able to find someone their happy with.

Lol I thought there was something but I’m out having lunch and Not reading everything right 😂

So only concern is if it's a public thread - you're about to get spammed to kingdom come. Any phone number / email on the internet gets scraped and then called like crazy.

Potentially do it with a private thread (members only), but still somewhat a fear with a spam bot getting on registration. I like the idea of an address book though so maybe something like?

So only concern is if it's a public thread - you're about to get spammed to kingdom come. Any phone number / email on the internet gets scraped and then called like crazy.

Potentially do it with a private thread (members only), but still somewhat a fear with a spam bot getting on registration. I like the idea of an address book though so maybe something like?
There doesn't need to be anything personal posted. Just a list consisting of buddies.

Jim Beam - Bob Todd
Susie Q - Shanequia

Just a confirmation that they have each others contact info.

Back