• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How about a Buddy System ?

Playing devils advocate here.

If a member went awol for the purpose of fraud/theft, why would he/she answer the phone?

If something happened to a member, hospitalization/death/etc., probably won't answer a phone anymore than they would answer here. It would really only work if someone had a family members contact info, which I would never give out.

Like Boostbear for example, I'm afraid something happened to him, but it wouldn't do any good to have his number if that's the case.

The best use of it would just be in case a members account is potentially hacked.
Fair…
to address the points in order…

if a member went bad with no contact then at least youd have more evidence instead of waiting for a log in . And if they did answer but were vague / not themself it could raise concer earlier. But yeah if you got blocked youd know.

hospitalization/ accident etc is a good point. You could only hope a family member could reply on the members phone and leave it at that. Totally agree no need for family members details.

Being hacked would allow anyone to notify the forum quicker for sure. New guys dont get hacked and members would use G&S with them anyway. Its the regulars that get targeted occasionally.

So yeah all fair points 👍🏻
It was just an idea , totally voluntary and i think if the majority of regular members got onboard you could almost guarantee at some point it would be helpful.

Enough people have viewed the post so ill leave it at that 😎

A lot of us already speak to each other outside of the forum. So I agree that something like this can work. I have a few people I can call if I'm ever locked out of my own OF account. :cool-33:🤙
Yeah, if anything seems off post up and ask the forum if anyone can get in touch.

I’m in contact with several members on a daily basis.

Back