• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

F You Usps...

I've used the Australian equivilant of Parcel Post to send an item to the U.S previously. (because it was only $10 as opposed to $80 for tracked, registered and insured). It got there in 7 days. EVERY "express post" parcel I've bought from the U.S has taken no less than 9 days.

My own carrier never fails me...but I had 3 things "misrouted" by other towns in last year...all ended up arriving..just late

Maybe Im lucky, but in my collecting of music I've bought thousands of items and never had 1 problem with USPS other than slow delivery (I'll take slow over lost or broken any day). My mailman knows I collect records and if it's raining, he knows to put the records in between my screen door and main door so they don't get wet in my mailbox. On Saturdays he'll even come to my door and knock to bring me my stuff. He has always been beyond stellar. The only time I've had problems was with UPS. Signature Required items left on the front step (outside) of an apartment complex WITHOUT my signature and ended up stolen ..... twice. I lived downtown so it was always busy. Lazy ****s....

Maybe Im lucky, but in my collecting of music I've bought thousands of items and never had 1 problem with USPS other than slow delivery (I'll take slow over lost or broken any day). The only time I've had problems was with UPS. Signature Required items left on the front step (outside) of an apartment complex WITHOUT my signature and ended up stolen ..... twice. I lived downtown so it was always busy. Lazy ****s....

damn that sucks. whenever i buy something, i always asked for sig required unless i knw im gonna be home. i live in a house in a good neighborhood with very good neighbors, but theres always that chance. especially if you buy something relatively expensive you knw.

Never had a problem with USPS getting my package where it needs to be....ALWAYS have a problem with their 60 IQ, unmotivated, union employees at the front desk moving at a snails pace. Part of that is my fellow man who shows up with item in hand, unboxed, completely clueless how to ship, and wanting someone to hold their little hands through the whole process.

Never had a problem with USPS getting my package where it needs to be....ALWAYS have a problem with their 60 IQ, unmotivated, union employees at the front desk moving at a snails pace. Part of that is my fellow man who shows up with item in hand, unboxed, completely clueless how to ship, and wanting someone to hold their little hands through the whole process.

You forgot to mention "unable to speak English" to your description. Seems to happen every time I show up needing to mail something. I get behind somebody trying to mail something back to *insert country here* with zero clue on how to fill out the customs form, no clue how to box said item, pay for said item, or even comprehend what the person at the counter is even saying to them. They just sit there, blinking. It's painful to watch. I feel bad for both parties.

I will say, I go to 2 different USPS's depending if I am at home or work. The one by my work, excellent service every time (It's the main hub here in Des Moines, so it's huge). Fast, friendly, know what they are doing, and I never wait more than 10 minutes even when 20 deep in line. Now, the one by my house, complete opposite. Unmotivated employees at the counter, generally in terrible moods, annoyed by anybody who isn't just buying a stamp, and they HATE when I come in to pick up something that I wasn't home to sign for because they have to wobble out of their chairs to go get it. However, like I said before, even with that, I always get my packages and have never had a problem receiving my stuff. I should probably knock on wood though, I have a pair of frogs en route and now they will probably get lost :laugh:

Back