• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Fake or Real ebay Sink Backpack purchase?

mattvandoes

Oakley Beginner
Hey everyone I'm new to the forums here. Last week I purchased a used Oakley Backpack on ebay and I'm almost certain it's fake. The buckles feel cheap and most of them are plastic and not metal. The zipper clasps are the rubberized/plastic not the metal cable hoops I've seen on other backpacks. Lastly the handle at the top of the bag is plastic and not the industrial metal handle I've see on other bags One of the shoulder straps had a a tear in it exposing a styrofoam material inside. Is this bag legit or it could it possibly be a really old model? Thanks for the help.

RtnDownloadFile (1).jpg

RtnDownloadFile (2).jpg

RtnDownloadFile (3).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

RtnDownloadFile.jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

Ya I have one and so does my son. They have tweaked the design a few times (small insignificant things) stuff most people wouldn’t even notice. Nothing about that bag looks real. And if you say it feels cheap it probably is because the real kitchen sink is a tank of a backpack! Does the seller accept returns? Are they selling more Oakley stuff or was that just one thing they had that happened to be “Oakley”?

Hey everyone, thanks for the info. The seller seems to just sell random stuff in their other auctions they have. I paid about $74 including shipping for it. I messaged the seller and they keep telling me that is indeed "authentic." I got into an argument with them saying that I feel this bag is not authentic stating the quality was terrible and even attached pictures comparing their bag with a real one but, they just kept insisting it was real. I have opened a case with eBay stating the reason being "not an authentic item." We will see how it goes from here? But, usually eBay sides with the buyer if they received a counterfeit item from my research.

Hey everyone, thanks for the info. The seller seems to just sell random stuff in their other auctions they have. I paid about $74 including shipping for it. I messaged the seller and they keep telling me that is indeed "authentic." I got into an argument with them saying that I feel this bag is not authentic stating the quality was terrible and even attached pictures comparing their bag with a real one but, they just kept insisting it was real. I have opened a case with eBay stating the reason being "not an authentic item." We will see how it goes from here? But, usually eBay sides with the buyer if they received a counterfeit item from my research.

For $30 more you can most likely get a BN KS if you really want one then you don’t need to deal with this kid of crap.

Ya I bet you will get your refund. It drives me nuts when people insist that what they are selling is authentic when it obviously is not. I mean does he have anything to prove it’s authentic? Obviously not because it’s not! At $74 bucks you can find one here for not much more(when you meet exchange requirements)
The zipper tabs are supposed to be a copy of these and you can see they are different from authentic zipper tabs. And that’s just one example. Few more pics of real one.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ya I bet you will get your refund. It drives me nuts when people insist that what they are selling is authentic when it obviously is not. I mean does he have anything to prove it’s authentic? Obviously not because it’s not! At $74 bucks you can find one here for not much more(when you meet exchange requirements)
The zipper tabs are supposed to be a copy of these and you can see they are different from authentic zipper tabs. And that’s just one example. Few more pics of real one.

View attachment 549168

View attachment 549169

View attachment 549180

View attachment 549182

View attachment 549183

View attachment 549184

View attachment 549185

THIS!!!! Yes my KS has those metal zipper pulls on them. I knew the others were wrong but couldn’t remember what they were on mine. I knew the handle was wrong since they are metal on the KS and Mechanism Pack.
I have my Mech pack with me but couldn’t remember on the KS.

THIS!!!! Yes my KS has those metal zipper pulls on them. I knew the others were wrong but couldn’t remember what they were on mine. I knew the handle was wrong since they are metal on the KS and Mechanism Pack.
I have my Mech pack with me but couldn’t remember on the KS.

Ya the plastic tabs on his are like the first pic I took(from a glasses case). You can clearly see the difference in design, but the KS never came with tabs like that to begin without

Back