• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

- Fixing "Nubs" On O-Matter Frames ... (On Arms) ...

Zeke

- The Retarded Battle Continues ...
Any unique ways to fix/mod/etc. the raised, rounded "nubs" on O-Matter arms after they get worn out, etc., & will not stay in their joints properly?

As an example, Hijinx have holes that line them up through the bottom that you can actually "pin" them if you are gentle with a drill & tiny bit & small piece of metal, ... almost like that of a paperclip, but much more durable, ... straight piece of stainless ... believe me, it works ... I have done it for a lower side nub, & all the way up through for an upper, too. I had to fix my Artist Series'jinx all the way up through because the Seller did not disclose that the right arm would not stay in, & were only a display pair... sorry, but I wear my stuff.

... but now I have a pair I got - off eBay- some beautiful Unknown's - that the Seller did not disclose the right arm was Fd up somewhat ... just that these have a solid top & bottom. They are not horrible, they are wearable, but on occasion I find them popped out ... & it enrages me.

Eh, ... ideas?

Usually if you dab some superglue where the nubs should be and let dry overnight then put the arms back it, that should do the trick and most of the time they feel more secure too

Usually if you dab some superglue where the nubs should be and let dry overnight then put the arms back it, that should do the trick and most of the time they feel more secure too

I very much appreciate the response/idea, but these make up the joint, so gluing them, to me, would be a last gasp choice because then they would never close/fold up again ...

I very much appreciate the response/idea, but these make up the joint, so gluing them, to me, would be a last gasp choice because then they would never close/fold up again ...
I think you misunderstood. You take the arm apart and dab the glue on the nub to build it up, then let it dry. When you put them back together the glue acts like stock nub.

If your really precise it should work, just dont over do it where the hinge is too tight and puts pressure on the orbital piece.

I have the same issue on some Flying Tigers Gascan I bought from ebay. I'm contemplating whether I should return them or just put glue on the nubs

@Zeke, if you try the glue, let me know how it works out for you. If it works well I might try it out too

I have the same issue on some Flying Tigers Gascan I bought from ebay. I'm contemplating whether I should return them or just put glue on the nubs

@Zeke, if you try the glue, let me know how it works out for you. If it works well I might try it out too

I will just say this, ... I will never be buying another pair (at least frames) of used O's from eBay again. Second time with a Fd up deal like this ... only these are worth the attempt at a fix on. I will only buy from trusted folks here, or in person, or on eBay if it is completely clear that the pair is BNIB.

Had a messed up nub here once & the Member agreed & was decent enough to accept the return, & a screwed nub on eBay on a Flak frame that I just threw away, & now these Unknown's. Plus the Artist Series off here & pinned cuz they were such a good deal, & decided it was worth the attempt.

Back