• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Flak Jacket W/ VR28 BIP -- FINALLY!

lowincash

Oakley Beginner
Los Angeles
So after 2 weeks of waiting, my prescription lenses finally came in! I guess due to the recent holiday, Oakley was closed for a week or something and had a lot of orders to fill so it took a bit longer than usual.

OakleyFJV28BIP_2_zps401549ca.jpg

OakleyFJV28BIP_1_zpse61bf7c9.jpg

I was really worried that there will be some sort of distortion which will give me a headache due to the curvature of the lenses. After trying them on, I was super happy that there's no distortion at all and surprisingly no adjustment time was needed to get use to them :D Everything is so crisp and clear, it's pretty amazing to be honest. IMO, the Oakley's are a lot better than the prescription RayBan's that I had before. Clarity is top notch.

About the VR28 lens, it's really nice to be able to drive into a somewhat dark parking structure without having to remove my sunglasses. However, when the sun is shining directly into my eyes, I still had to squint. In this regard, I think the black iridium polarized lens does a better job but I'm going to stick with the VR28's.

All in all, it was worth the money and wait :)

Congratulations! I wouldn't worry so much about staring at the sun. ;)
You've got other things to look at.

The lenses alone I was quoted $310. I got a good deal on them. Got 20% off the frames from amazon. The lenses cost me $188, the guy at LensCrafters gave me a discount on them because he originally quoted me the wrong price or something. So total it only cost me a little over $300.

Not bad for prescription frames, honestly! VR28 BIP is a great lens and works for most bright situations, but no lens is perfect for everything.

Latest Posts

Back