• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FMJ 5.56 vs. FMJ W Eye Jacket

So the Radar EV lenses are toric. But like a Turbine they seem to be higher base curve than fuel cell, or gascans. So I measure them as a 7.25 horizontally. The curve looks totally at home here, the bevel I put on them is a machined 8 base curve. So the fit in frame is phenomenal! Here is a before picture of the fmj, and an after photo of the cobalt. @Brian Nickell thanks for letting me help you on this +red Iridium project. They won't touch your lashes bro :) occasionally on certain frames, a person with a smaller nose bridge, or an "Asian" facial structure, and long lashes might bump, not on these!

Muah!
IMG_20151217_211430.jpg
Please forgive my photography skills.
_20151217_211456.JPG

Jacob and I have spoken many times about some Juliets I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT from him months ago, and this is my first purchase from him and I know won't be my last! I am actually getting the fuel and 7.62's from Fernando! Looking for electric mustard!
Uh oh. Someone's caught the EJ bug! Beware my friend. You've started a difficult path. EJs are awesome but collecting them all is tough. Be prepared to be patient.

Agreed Brian...made the mistake of trying on a pair here at work and looking in a mirror....then thinking "these are cool ,feel good, and look good"...what a knucklehead. As if the 40 pair of Holbrooks don't make me say the same thing...oh well.
Just add the EJ's into the wear-em-all rotation! :) but I'm serious now. I'm only getting a few pair.

Ahem.

I was only after two pair originally, the gen 1 Cobalt and gen 1 FMJ Ws. I now have gen 1 Cobalt, FMJ 5.56 (on the way), Electric Mustard (also on the way) and gen 2 (new) Cobalt, FMJ W, Electric Mustard, FMJ 5.56 and FMJ 45mm gunmetal. My goal now is to get gen 1 and 2 of each so I only have gen 1 FMJ Ws and gen 1 FMJ 45mm gunmetal left. I've been searching literally for months, with the help of Jacob as well, for the FMJ Ws and they are probably the hardest to find aside from the "mythical" copper, Grapevine and the 10w40. To be honest I personally think the gen 1 FMJ Ws are the hardest to find above the 10w40s. I am of the opinion that the copper don't exist, at least I've never seen them. There's also the Grapevine but I've only seen one picture but haven't heard of any forum member that has them.

Back