• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

FMJ 5.56 vs. FMJ W Eye Jacket

I've been searching literally for months, with the help of Jacob as well, for the FMJ Ws and they are probably the hardest to find aside from the "mythical" copper, Grapevine and the 10w40.

You are exactly correct on the "mythical" FMJ Copper and Grapevine.
Of the mass produced, the FMJ Red is probably the most rare and hardest to come by.
The 10w40 was actually pretty common and readily available for a while. My timing was just off on my need for them. Send @Fernando a PM if you want a very special surprise on these.

Fernando did contact me on the 10w40 but I'm sticking to my "master plan" at the moment which is to obtain gen 1 and "new" EJs of the following:

FMJ W
Electric Mustard
Cobalt
FMJ 5.56
FMJ 45mm gunmetal

I've completed that task for the Cobalt, Electric Mustard and FMJ 5.56 but I'm still hunting the FMJ W gen 1 and the FMJ 45mm gunmetal gen 1. Those two are proving quite elusive and I know the FMJ W gen 1 will be the hardest of the two to get.

I'll have pics of the FMJ 5.56 WITH BOX(!) coming up when they arrive (thanks @Jacob Carstens) and Electric Mustard BNIB (thanks @Fernando) when they arrive as well. The box for the gen 1 FMJ 5.56 is near mint and bad ass as are the glasses. Those are brand new as well!

Fernando did contact me on the 10w40 but I'm sticking to my "master plan" at the moment which is to obtain gen 1 and "new" EJs of the following:

FMJ W
Electric Mustard
Cobalt
FMJ 5.56
FMJ 45mm gunmetal

I've completed that task for the Cobalt, Electric Mustard and FMJ 5.56 but I'm still hunting the FMJ W gen 1 and the FMJ 45mm gunmetal gen 1. Those two are proving quite elusive and I know the FMJ W gen 1 will be the hardest of the two to get.

I understand having a plan, that's how I started out as well. I just wanted Cobalt, Fuel, and Gold X. Then the Blacks. Then the FMJs. Then the Reds and Greens.
Eventually you'll want them all and I can not stress enough that you should diverge from your master plan and get what you can WHEN you can with these.

You Eye Jacket nerds...... lol

nerd-emoticon-white-background-38348373.jpg

I want to complete what I have for now for sure but I'll continue the hunt once I've completed that. It keeps my wallet under control! I told Fernando that I'm interested but I would need to wait until after Christmas. Plus, I have a baby boy on the way in January/February so I have to account for that! ;)

I want to complete what I have for now for sure but I'll continue the hunt once I've completed that. It keeps my wallet under control! I told Fernando that I'm interested but I would need to wait until after Christmas. Plus, I have a baby boy on the way in January/February so I have to account for that! ;)
Awesome and Congrats!!! The family should always come first. That's why never got the 10w40 earlier when I had the chance. I always budget $100 a month for Oakley's so if something comes up for sale that I want but I already spent my budgeted allowance... to bad.

Awesome and Congrats!!! The family should always come first. That's why never got the 10w40 earlier when I had the chance. I always budget $100 a month for Oakley's so if something comes up for sale that I want but I already spent my budgeted allowance... to bad.
Thanks! We're pretty excited about it. He's our second. We already have an 11 year old daughter so we're starting over. Lol.

I like the $100 a month Oakley budget idea! I think I'll start that myself if I can. :)

Latest Posts

Back