• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For everyday wear, would Prizm Daily be better than standard polarized, or is it overkill?

ShadedChimera

Oakley Beginner
I stopped by an Oakley store to browse around and noticed the Prizm lineup. The salesperson was trying to convince me to buy a pair, but since I recently got a new pair for my birthday, it was near impossible to sway me.

Still, since there is always room for more Oakleys as future birthday or Christmas gifts, I started to wonder whether it'd be worth it to get a Prizm Daily-equipped pair instead of a polarized pair or a regular pair.

Anyone with all different types of lenses, how are the Prizms like in comparison to the others?

You have to give us a little more info.

Where are you located and what's the daily lighting conditions of your area?

Sorry, I didn't realize that would also factor into the viability of the glasses.

I live in Seoul, Korea - about 37 degrees N latitude. Based on my travels, I'd say that lighting conditions are about the same as, say, NYC, unless I'm misunderstanding "lighting conditions" (which is very possible).

Now, there is the issue of air pollution and fine dust particles. During the spring, we get yellow dust from the Gobi Desert in China, so it's like there's this yellowish haze in daytime. At the moment, we're dealing with a little bit of smog.

Anything else I can divulge?

It is probably my most used lens. In full summer sun a darker lens like Black iridium is better, but for me the Prizm Daily still works fine even in bright sun. It isn't magic, but it is a lens which works from overcast to full sun for me and everything looks slightly better when wearing it.

For me polarized lenses are almost a must when driving, but not that important otherwise.

It is probably my most used lens. In full summer sun a darker lens like Black iridium is better, but for me the Prizm Daily still works fine even in bright sun. It isn't magic, but it is a lens which works from overcast to full sun for me and everything looks slightly better when wearing it.

For me polarized lenses are almost a must when driving, but not that important otherwise.
This.

Though my everyday lens is BIP

BIP is great in summer and it is what I usually wear when on holiday in Crete. I normally have a set in my carbon Juliets for bright days

I have a set of Prizm trail lenses which I feel work well as driving glasses. Makes the traffic lights pop similar to a pair of Raybans I had in the past

Latest Posts

Back