• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Found this site; Hello.

jtb33

Oakley Beginner
Just stopping in to say, "Hello".

Been a fan and owner of Oakley sunglasses since the days of the original "Blade" and "Razor Blade" glasses (of which I owned several pairs). Guess I'm dating myself.

Currently have several M-Frames which I purchased as the "Shooting sports" box set, have a Half Jacket, Half Jacket 2.0 and Flak Jacket (Livestrong edition).

Oh, and recently found the Eye Jacket's I bought when I was in college in the mid-90's. I forgot I had them and being so anally retentive, took immaculate care of them despite using them. Lenses look perfect, still (Black Iridium on black frames). Not sure if I should still use those, or if they are a collectors item now.

Anyway, good to be here.

Last edited:
Greetings. If you're referring the square hinged model, then there are less to be found now, due to the weakness in those hinges. The rounded hinges were much stronger.

Thanks, all.

Greetings. If you're referring the square hinged model, then there are less to be found now, due to the weakness in those hinges. The rounded hinges were much stronger.
If you're referring to the Eye Jackets, yes, they have a square hinge on the arms. Well, it's more of a trapezoid. The only wear I can find on these is the embossed "O" on the side is wearing a bit. If they are rare, or a collector's item now, I guess I shouldn't use them.

Back