• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Generic Oakley Safety Sunglasses

ALL Oakley lenses are ANSI Z87.1 rated for impact protection, so yes, any will do. A lot of places, including mine, will restrict lens tints to clear, yellow, or permisson, with no iridium or mirror of any kind.

ALL Oakley lenses are ANSI Z87.1 rated for impact protection, so yes, any will do. A lot of places, including mine, will restrict lens tints to clear, yellow, or permisson, with no iridium or mirror of any kind.

Thanks pal. Was going to by some M Frames but if I can pick up any cheap pairs from the bay then I'm sorted :)

I wear my Radar Xls when i got for hunting or clay target shooting.If i had to make also another job
that required protection from impact i would use them with clear lenses.
if for any reason you are looking for a cheap (but safe) solution see this
MSA Aurora Protective Eyewear :: Anti-Fog Safety Glasses :: Eye Protection :: Safety Wear Store

I personally have shot them with number 7.5 shot pellets in a distance of 12 meters and the glasses did not break at all.

imag0109ja.jpg

imag0110bt.jpg

http://imageshack.us

Well...I do believe that they did in fact make safety glasses because we had some at our brewery in California (Stone Brewing Co.) for a while. I remember this because when I started with Stone in 2003 I was wearing Mag 4 frames as my prescription lens frames...and someone made note of that and told me of the safety glasses that they had provided us with. They were generic...and pretty no frill glasses...but surely Oakley.

Back