• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Getting my XX's nose bridge serviced....Grrrrrrrr

ruckus328

Oakley Beginner
Has anyone here had thier XX's serviced recently? I just spent a half hour on the phone with Oakley, and I'm about ready to loose my S*@t. They refuse to service them, lady put me on hold 4 times, each time coming back and saying they don't have the components and there's nothing they can do. I got screwed on the glasses, bought them off of ebay, they're in perfect condition, except the nose bridge. Guy said they were "a little loose".... turns out they're so loose they're completely unusable. Anyone have any ideas what I can do?

Get mark2112 on here to fix them. Same thing happened to me. XX were described as a little loose. They felt like they were going to fall apart when you picked them up. He fixed them all up, tighter than new. Let me see if I can find the link...

Oakley WILL service them. I had to go through the same thing a couple weeks ago. They finally agreed to do it. They just don't like to because they have been discontinued so long

Oakley WILL service them. I had to go through the same thing a couple weeks ago. They finally agreed to do it. They just don't like to because they have been discontinued so long

I think maybe more accurately because they cannot do a "full" tune-up due to the non-availablility of nose bombs for the XX. So they probably are conditioned to say "we can't do a tune-up on those".

So seriously, LineGear does Juliet and Mars nosebombs why not XX's?

It's not like there aren't 100,000's of them out there to be supported and we have folks here that apparently are very qualified to tune-up the bridge.

I know, I hear alot of people say this on here, so how do I convince them? I wasn't taking no for an answer, I kept assuring the lady on the phone that they do fix them, that they do it all the time and I knew people who had just had it done, she kept putting me on hold to go talk to "someone", would come back and tell me no, sorry, they don't have the parts. We went through this 4 times I was on hold, until she finally told me she could give me 25% off any purchase I'd like (not complaining there), but they wouldn't fix the XX's. I asked her to put me on the phone with whoever she kept going to supposedly talk to, but convienently they weren't available anymore... I suspect there was nobody she was talking to, she was just putting me on hold for a minute, twiddling her thumbs, and then getting back on the line with me.

I just got a pair back. Keep calling and talking with other reps. It took me about 4 calls. They did a fantastic job.

I just stayed on the and eventually the told me they could do a Juliet tune up on the just without the xx nosepads

Back