• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Glasses other than oakley?

I found out about them with my time in the Air Force; the military actually has an NSN for them. I used to be a Ray-Ban guy for aviators and didn't give much consideration for them assuming most things issued are low quality, mass produced by the lowest bidder.
I picked up my first pair about 5 years ago after seeing Cruise rock them in American Made. I was instantly in love. Ray-Bans are trash compared to the quality of these. I loved them so much that when my car got looted a few years ago, I instantly went to eBay and bought another pair to replace the pair that was stolen.
You won't be disappointed.

View attachment 915010
Can’t wait for them to show up!
I have a pair of Rodenstok Corsar’s that are really similar.

Aaandddd, two more! Finally able to pick up some Thierry Lasry’s. Found them on the Real Real, at a great price! Excited for these, along with the Randolph’s!

C1AD2EFA-68F1-4DDD-A42F-C5FBF4F59AAE.jpeg
445E2203-589E-40CE-BBEE-F8B9DACCED9B.jpeg

Last edited:
What is the composition of their lens?
:cool-20:
I’ve tried to find that info almost all day, actually, and haven’t been able to find exactly what the lens material is.
It IS some sort of plastic. The clarity is great. Both frames, for their build, are nicely finished. When I’m able to get around a bit more, I will clean them up some more, and post additional photos. The Monopoly frames are freaking THICCC. Yes. Thic. With 3 c’s.
I will add my opinion —
I don’t feel these are worth MSRP. I didn’t spend but $160+/- between the both of them.
All their glasses seem to have a 6 base curve, to stick with the so called “unique” flat look.
I am still searching on lens material. If it comes down to it, I can hope for a response from email. Had my brother go to their flagship store in NYC when he was there and he forgot to ask.

The Ghosty’s are already set in stone to be given to Nick Reese, frontman of Joyous Wolf. (Just not quite yet - wanna get some use out of them at least, and, I wanna surprised him next year on tour. Sooo, nobody get any ideas lol.
Really think I would spend a bit more for the pairs with the Swarovski crystals, to match my LouBoutin’s.

I’ll keep you updated @flyer on the lenses.

I definitely would love some Dillon lenses in both of these.

Back