• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Glasses other than oakley?

The first pair of sunglasses I ever bought with my own pop-bottle money!
1965 Sea & Ski Girl Watchers.
32582730101_42eb1c9ae7_o.jpg

The second pair I ever bought, 1968 RayBan Wayfarer.
31883716714_095baa2d56_z.jpg

Recent addition (a recommendation from my optometrist) Maui Jim Sandy Beach.
Superlative optics, and extremely comfortable, but impossible to keep the lenses clean.
Must be the static properties of the lenses...
408-02.jpg

Clayton + Franklin #501

The detail work on these is stunning, with etching surrounding each orbital, and down both arms.
Beautiful, heavily anti-reflective coated lenses, with pinned tortoise temple tips.
31883945674_cf4fdb3785_z.jpg

I love my Oakleys (58 and holding...), but there are some worthy competitors out there.

I would agree, especially in this new Lux era where quality has diminished. Maui make a quality product, along with a few others. And no, not Costa. I'll never be on that band wagon.

I don't collect many things, but one thing I do love to collect are rare or unusual glasses. I have many frames ranging from Versace, Cartier, Gold & Wood to Oliver Peoples and Chrome Hearts, I love all my frames, however, my favorite frames are my X Metal XX, which I use for my daily Rx, my other favorite frames are my Parasite and Staffan Preutz. But in the end, I am an Oakley FanBoy!

BTW, if you like crazy and over the top design frames, definitely take a look a the Parasite catalog. Only problem is, they are in France and only sold in the EU, but I have a connection in Miami, where I'm from, that can get them ;)

Parasite

Parasite.png

Staffan Preutz

Staffan Preutz sp.jpg

I don't collect many things, but one thing I do love to collect are rare or unusual glasses. I have many frames ranging from Versace, Cartier, Gold & Wood to Oliver Peoples and Chrome Hearts, I love all my frames, however, my favorite frames are my X Metal XX, which I use for my daily Rx, my other favorite frames are my Parasite and Staffan Preutz. But in the end, I am an Oakley FanBoy!

BTW, if you like crazy and over the top design frames, definitely take a look a the Parasite catalog. Only problem is, they are in France and only sold in the EU, but I have a connection in Miami, where I'm from, that can get them ;)

Parasite

View attachment 310809

Staffan Preutz

View attachment 310810

I've seen Parasite before and they make very interesting frames, though I don't own any. I do love my Chrome Hearts. Would like to see some of your collections.

I can't afford Oakley carbon fibre C6 sunglasses, so, I bought myself a pair of these Red Bull ones.

Non-polarised. I like it's simple flat thin look. Very light pair. Similar BI light transmission with bluish hue from the inside. Feel pretty secure on the head.

One thing I notice is because they tend to be fairly flat in profile, there's much less clearance at the forehead, so it does sit a lot closer to your forehead than you expect. Apart from that, pretty happy with the pickup!

IMG_5186.JPG
IMG_5187.JPG
IMG_5188.JPG
IMG_5189.JPG
IMG_5191.JPG
IMG_5182.JPG
IMG_5185.JPG

So far the glasses I have and had other than Oakley are:

Adidas Evil eye. I dropped these and the temple arm just snapped. This will never happen to an Oakley eyewear.
Nike running sunglasses. Forgot the model number. The nose bombs are broken and I cannot find replacement parts.
Rudy Project Rydon. I still use these as quality is very good. I normally use these with the yellow lenses when I am out cycling at night.
Ray Ban cockpit. Very nice glasses with glass lenses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back