• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello Oakley owner needing X squared orbital nose damage help

jborja671

Oakley Beginner
Please help.. any advice on who or where this can be repaired. Spare parts?? This was a very special gift that made it through many deployments and now it’s broken. Pretty emotional about this.

IMG_0495.jpeg

IMG_0494.jpeg

IMG_0493.jpeg

IMG_0492.jpeg

IMG_0495.jpeg

Welcome... that does look heart breaking! There are some guys who work on X metals here but You are looking at finding a new right orbital at least as long as the break was at the tab that connects to the nose bridge. It is gonna be a project and a costly one that will start with finding someone who has some parts to sell. A good place to find some answers will be the DIY Modding section for starts... Good luck!

Last edited:
Aloha and welcome to the Forum. That looks like a complete break, and unfortunately nobody can weld back titanium as far as I know. There's a good chance the bridge itself may have sustained some damage as well, given the force it took to break the titanium tab off the orbital. But don't go trashing any of your parts. You may be able to sell them to help pay for a new pair. Maybe some customizers can give better insight on what can be done. @THE X-MAN @zwc0442

Welcome.
Tough break literally. Suspect that right orbital is a goner unfortunately.
Options are to find a new pair or find a right orbital.
Good news is that the XSquared always seems to be available.
Even if you find a right orbital that’s not the same finish as what you have, customizers like @zwc0442 can hook you up to get them the same.
@SEAN WAYNE always seems to have parts and may have what you need.

Welcome... that does look heart breaking! There are some guys who work on X metals here but You are looking at finding a new right orbital at least as long as the break was at the tab that connects to the nose bridge. It is gonna be a project and a costly one that will start with finding someone who has some parts to sell. A good place to find some answers will be the DIY Modding section for starts... Good luck!
Thank you I’ll look into that

Aloha and welcome to the Forum. That looks like a complete break, and unfortunately nobody can weld back titanium as far as I know. There's a good chance the bridge itself may have sustained some damage as well, given the force it took to break the titanium tab off the orbital. But don't go trashing any of your parts. You may be able to sell them to help pay for a new pair. Maybe some customizers can give better insight on what can be done. @THE X-MAN @zwc0442
Hafa Adai,
Found a dude in Washington who said he can give it a shot at laser welding.. Eyeglass Repair | Sunglasses Repair | Glasses Repair
Figured I hit this forum up for advice. Thank you very much.

Welcome.
Tough break literally. Suspect that right orbital is a goner unfortunately.
Options are to find a new pair or find a right orbital.
Good news is that the XSquared always seems to be available.
Even if you find a right orbital that’s not the same finish as what you have, customizers like @zwc0442 can hook you up to get them the same.
@SEAN WAYNE always seems to have parts and may have what you need.
Really appreciate the referral. This may be the best option. I was looking all over the web for parts and came across this website. Thank you.

Hafa Adai,
Found a dude in Washington who said he can give it a shot at laser welding.. Eyeglass Repair | Sunglasses Repair | Glasses Repair
Figured I hit this forum up for advice. Thank you very much.

Hi Bro, just for the safety of the craftsman and the establishment , Titanium is not safe to be laser welded as this can explode 100percent! I can do an exchange program if u like and details was sent . Have a great weekend gents!

Last edited:
Back