• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hello & what are these?

X-factor?

Oakley Beginner
Hi, I've had a pair of X Metal for about 10 years and am looking to replace a missing nose pad. Having searched I realise there are many types of x metal and I don't remember there being more to the name when I bought them. Can anyone advise which ones these are (pic attached) or if there are compatible parts? I also didn't realise they were so popular, maybe I should replace the lenses too.

IMG_4047.JPG

Romeo 1 plasma finish with fire iridium lenses. They are rare, lenses will be very difficult to find with x-metal etching. The nose rubbers will be easy to find.

Thanks to both of you for your replies, Romeo does sound familiar now. I'll begin the search for parts. Rare... I'm wondering if they could be worth something now, they live in my car and have been around the world so not in A1 condition and I wouldn't want to give them up.

Is the nose still firm or is slack now, after 10 years of wearing, I think I know the answer.....then you need to send them to @THE X-MAN. He does amazing work. Check out the details.

It's a romeo1 doesn't need tune up @Funky-Trixtar As you know . But as far as selling them you should know it's value is quite good but most people on Oakley forum don't trust first timers jumping in here to make deals, nor should we, it's not prudent to trust any Tom **** and harry who comes in..

If you want to sell stick around a bit and READ the forum rules.. ALso take them out of the car as heat will probably destroy the lenses and rubbers and maybe someone will steal them if they realize they are 700$ glasses

It's a romeo1 doesn't need tune up @Funky-Trixtar As you know . But as far as selling them you should know it's value is quite good but most people on Oakley forum don't trust first timers jumping in here to make deals, nor should we, it's not prudent to trust any Tom **** and harry who comes in..

If you want to sell stick around a bit and READ the forum rules.. ALso take them out of the car as heat will probably destroy the lenses and rubbers and maybe someone will steal them if they realize they are 700$ glasses

Yeah, you caught me out @Lupetto ......was just responding on my way home on the bus. There aren't any nose bridge adjustments needed........

Sending them to x-man would still be a good idea for the rest of us to verify if they exist and if we would like to buy them though ;)

Back