• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

HELP! Need Advice On Ebay Sale

Update. The buyers mom returned my message from yesterday and informed me that her son is on deployment in Iraq, and that's why he hasn't been able to respond. She said he will be home in a few months and she made the account and bought the shoes for him. Also she assured me that everything will go smoothly.

Either this is a really nice, innocent old lady and I have nothing to worry about, or an evil woman that is in on her sons scheme.

awww... give the sweet mom a chance... :grin:

Hindsight being 20/20 if this is of concern then it's probably worth putting the condition that buyers with zero feedback must contact you before buying (I see that often)...

So ultimately I think you should do what you feel most comfortable with. If you're willing to accept the risk of a bad transaction on the chance that his behavior is innocent, ship them out.

If you aren't comfortable with the transaction, refund his money and relist the item with the aforementioned condition for zero feedback buyers.

You could also research the shipping address, see if it's a residence or something else and if the residence is actually associated with his name; you could even google street-view it, maybe...

[update - while I was writing this your post about the mom came in and it sounds less risky. If I were you I'd probably ship it. But my comments about what to do based on your comfort level stand.]

Took a chance and sent them out today with signature confirmation. Thanks for all the input. Will report back.

Update. The buyers mom returned my message from yesterday and informed me that her son is on deployment in Iraq, and that's why he hasn't been able to respond. She said he will be home in a few months and she made the account and bought the shoes for him. Also she assured me that everything will go smoothly.

Either this is a really nice, innocent old lady and I have nothing to worry about, or an evil woman that is in on her sons scheme.
Or the mom and the son, is the same person ...

Or the mom and the son, is the same person ...

Norman?
psycho_wallpaper_by_cainag-d5kl9fx.jpg

Back