• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Hi, new here

Furble

Oakley Beginner
Hi

Found this site as I have an old pair of XX x-metal with loose nose bridge, had them serviced many years ago, and didn't realise they are now discontinued, bought a new pair of Flak 2.0's when i was in the US for holiday last week, but it just doesn't feel the same... so googled for info and came across this place.

Have been reading many threads, cool to find this community.

cheers
Rod

Welcome Rod.

Where are you from?

Youll find plenty of people here who can tune your xmetals up for you and make the nosebridge like new.

I currently live in Hong Kong, i was thinking it was the high humidity here that has made the nosebridge rubber deteriorate quickly, but realise I've had these for 19 years....

I didn't realise these had become collectibles, and due to reading the x-metal forums, i'm keen to look for my box and coin when i next go back to visit my folks in Aus.

Thanks for the heads up on people here doing tune ups, have been reading a lot in the last few days, i probably need more than just a nose bridge tune up, frames look in decent nick, but the lenses are delaminating, so need new lenses as well....

New lenses, tune up, new rubbers, will cost me more than my new Flak's but i'm sure it will be worth it :)

I currently live in Hong Kong, i was thinking it was the high humidity here that has made the nosebridge rubber deteriorate quickly, but realise I've had these for 19 years....

I didn't realise these had become collectibles, and due to reading the x-metal forums, i'm keen to look for my box and coin when i next go back to visit my folks in Aus.

Thanks for the heads up on people here doing tune ups, have been reading a lot in the last few days, i probably need more than just a nose bridge tune up, frames look in decent nick, but the lenses are delaminating, so need new lenses as well....

New lenses, tune up, new rubbers, will cost me more than my new Flak's but i'm sure it will be worth it :)

There is a highly trustworthy company in Japan that makes lenses and rubbers etc call Linegear. I think they may even be able to do the tune up for you as well.

They are a forum sponsor here and make great products.

@Linegear Japan is their name and Boss Diasuke usually checks in and responds to messages too.

Thanks, have had a look at their website, so good chance when i finally bite the bullet i'll use their services, but tempted to get a custom cut of Oakley lenses, as that was the original reason i bought Oakley's, the lenses are just too good...

.... and down the rabbit hole i go.....

Thanks, have had a look at their website, so good chance when i finally bite the bullet i'll use their services, but tempted to get a custom cut of Oakley lenses, as that was the original reason i bought Oakley's, the lenses are just too good...

Well for authentic custom cuts @Chris A Hardaway is the man....he loves to chop em!

I'd love to help .What's the color lens yours came with? Do you wanna customize the tint, or replace like Original? Message me here or seller ID chrisahardaway on eBay.

Hi Trump, thanks for directing Chris this way, and Hi Chris, have read very good things about your cuts.

My XX's originally came with (I'm guessing) black iridium, but looking for something red/orange reflective, always liked that look, prefer polarised.

Will also check out your ebay listings

Hi Trump, thanks for directing Chris this way, and Hi Chris, have read very good things about your cuts.

My XX's originally came with (I'm guessing) black iridium, but looking for something red/orange reflective, always liked that look, prefer polarised.

Will also check out your ebay listings
I'm give you 10% off here. I can potentially give better shipping price here too. Though you may prefer that's buyer protection and global shipping program? You should check out prizm Ruby Polarized!

Thanks Chris much appreciated, I'm sure you wouldn't damage your rep for a quick buck, let me check out some different lenses and get back to you.

Also need to work out the nose bridge service, although it's great there are highly reputable forum members that can do this, I've always been a big believer in being self sufficient, could be time to learn.... especially since it looks like the nose bridge rubbers just continue to deteriorate over a few years, so this would need to be regularly done.

Latest Posts

Back