• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Holbrook frame size question 55mm, 56mm, or 57mm

Just thinking aloud here... The site probably updated the dimensions of the Holbrook to 57 by default (the newer non Asian fit ones I looked at all had 57 when I looked at the dimensions on the site). The older, collectible ones didn't have a dimension listed, so they are probably 55. My Urban Jungle Holbrooks are also 55 (and discontinued)

Sent from Q's Note5

Just thinking aloud here... The site probably updated the dimensions of the Holbrook to 57 by default (the newer non Asian fit ones I looked at all had 57 when I looked at the dimensions on the site). The older, collectible ones didn't have a dimension listed, so they are probably 55. My Urban Jungle Holbrooks are also 55 (and discontinued)

Sent from Q's Note5
I'm just curious if the physical dimensions actually changed, or did they just update the numbers for some reason.

Here are some more pics, I find it odd that the 9102-36 model's box has additional stickers. Thoughts?

IMG_8205.JPG

IMG_8207.JPG

IMG_8208.JPG

IMG_8209.JPG

IMG_8210.JPG

IMG_8211.JPG

IMG_8214.JPG

Probably a label from the third party seller or Amazon. I have a similar label from my Holbrook.

f9f87d0a52cd73c6d494314f26c63bae.jpg

Sent from Q's Note5

I guess Oakley has answered requests by people with slightly larger facial features who like the look and feel of the Holbrook to put out a frame for their benefit.

If the 55mm is being put to bed and being replaced by the 57mm, then they may loose out on sales, unless they produce both sizes, in which case you'd need to be more vigilant when purchasing a new frame.

Sadly, I would probably prefer the 55mm over the 57mm if in fact they are different in size. Guess I'll need to grab a previous model with the 55mm dimension to compare one day.

So I've just got back onshore and had a look through my entire Holbrook collection. Each and every frame is marked 55 and the orbitals do measure in at 55mm.

Prior to the end of 2016, Oakley started amending the SKU's on the forthcoming Holbrook releases to now read 9102-D255, 9102-D655, etc., and I think this was done because they were planning to re-release the frames with a 57mm orbital for the persons with larger facial features. I've seen frames on the shelf at the SGH in one of the airports with 57 stamped on the ear stem, but the SKU reads like the originals did with 9102-02, so one needs to be more vigilant when purchasing a frame if the 55mm suits you more comfortably than the 57mm.

So I've just got back onshore and had a look through my entire Holbrook collection. Each and every frame is marked 55 and the orbitals do measure in at 55mm.

Prior to the end of 2016, Oakley started amending the SKU's on the forthcoming Holbrook releases to now read 9102-D255, 9102-D655, etc., and I think this was done because they were planning to re-release the frames with a 57mm orbital for the persons with larger facial features. I've seen frames on the shelf at the SGH in one of the airports with 57 stamped on the ear stem, but the SKU reads like the originals did with 9102-02, so one needs to be more vigilant when purchasing a frame if the 55mm suits you more comfortably than the 57mm.

Sounds like I may have to check out the more perfect Holbrook lol... But your theory makes sense.

Sent from Q's Note5

How do you think this will affect lens swaps? I have the warm gray model in 57mm and I just ordered ice iridium lenses off eBay. Hopefully they fit (lenses didn't specify size, but they're probably from a 55mm model).

Back