• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Many X's?

Haha, i think what XMM is getting at is X Metals are a whole other game.

22 pairs of O Matter is a lot yes. Not trying to downplay how expensive it is to collect Oakleys in general. But when you start trying to pick up X Metals, it's not cheap. Let's just say for example you have 10 pairs of O-matter around 100 each. You have 10 pairs which means you spent around $1,000.

With x metals, you're spending AT LEAST $200 a pop for good condition pairs. Just 5 pairs is already over $1,000.

The price of X Metals add up at twice the speed. :lol:

Na not just 22 pair of O matter it's a bit mixed... I already have 2 pair of X Metal Juliet and X Squared just any 2 more pairs then wait and see what the new one look like if and when they come out? I wouldn't get any of the others in a X range as i don't like or i wouldn't wear them!

So all in all i think i should be ok to spend the rest of my cash on other Oakley bits! lol

It's rare that they come out with new X Metals. As you saw, there have only been 8 total and only 3 are still available to buy from Oakley direct: Juliet, X-Squared, Half-X.

Unless you want the Half-X, you'll have to buy the rest 3rd party.

i can personally vouch that the Metals are a whole different ball game compared to the other Oaks. =) as the common words of advice goes, "just watch your wallet yeah dude?" ha!

If you ask me, the X Metals aren't much more maintenance than an O-matter frame. I clean mine off after every use and do a lens cleaner spray and purell cleaning of the rubbers every so often.
How do you clean the stems and orbitals? Do you take them apart and clean them after every use? I'm trying to find a way to clean them after every use without having to take them apart as I fear constant wear and tear on them T6 screws will just accelerate their heads being stripped.

Right now after every use I wipe them down with a wet towel and then dry them with a clean one.

Nah, taking them apart after every use is too much trouble. Granted, i don't wear them all the time. I just use the microfiber bag or towel from the cleaning kit and give them a wipe down. If it was hot and i was sweating a bit, then i'll give them a better cleaning with the lens cleaner spray and clean off the rubbers with Purell.

IMO, constantly unscrewing and rescrewing the T6 screws will just cause unnecessary wear. Metal on metal contact, sunglasses or otherwise, will wear over time. Not just stripping the heads, but also the threads may not thread into the holes at some point.

Nah, taking them apart after every use is too much trouble. Granted, i don't wear them all the time. I just use the microfiber bag or towel from the cleaning kit and give them a wipe down. If it was hot and i was sweating a bit, then i'll give them a better cleaning with the lens cleaner spray and clean off the rubbers with Purell.

IMO, constantly unscrewing and rescrewing the T6 screws will just cause unnecessary wear. Metal on metal contact, sunglasses or otherwise, will wear over time. Not just stripping the heads, but also the threads may not thread into the holes at some point.
Yeah those screws are my damned nemesis.

I'm trying to find ways to clean the metal frame without having to take it apart or run the risk of parts rusting or corroding with use of water.

Back