• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to paint Xx 24k and maintein numeration

Joao xx

Oakley Beginner
Hello everyone, Greetings to all, I am new to the forum I live in Brazil and I am with a doubt, I recently acquired a double x 24k but the painting already came peeled, I wonder if someone has already repainted the frame and keep the numbering, which ink used And how it did.
Thank you for the attention

XX in the 24k finish is renowned for the gold to wear - i'm not sure about peeling, though....
post some pictures of the problem area and serial and we will be able to make better judgement.

welcome to the forum, btw..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

XX in the 24k finish is renowned for the gold to wear - i'm not sure about peeling, though....
post some pictures of the problem area and serial and we will be able to make better judgement.

welcome to the forum, btw..
emoji41.png

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thank you for the atention,

IMG-20170714-WA0034.jpeg

IMG-20170710-WA0003.jpeg

Theres really no way to retain the serial and keep it like original. The 24k finish was applied then the serials were engraved into the arm. So any refinish will cover up the serial unless you mask it off. which then it will have a funky looking rectangle of a different finish around the serial which to me looks terrible. If you are really after having a pair that has a serial and is original it's best to find a nice oem pair. 24k xx are pretty plentiful. And many in excellent shape pop up all the time.

Understood friends, but in case I reform somebody knows the code of the ink and the model that I should use to paint the frame?
Some people in Brazil say that it keeps the original numbering, but it charges a lot for this.
If anyone in the forum has reformed a 24k can you tell me how did?

The only other thing I can think of that would be close is titanium nitride coating which is fairly expensive to have done but the serial should stay more intact due to how thin titanium nitride is.

Understood friends, but in case I reform somebody knows the code of the ink and the model that I should use to paint the frame?
Some people in Brazil say that it keeps the original numbering, but it charges a lot for this.
If anyone in the forum has reformed a 24k can you tell me how did?
Welcome to the forum

Thanks for the welcome!
I liked the idea of titanium nitride but I saw some photos and I thought it will not look like or equal to the color I would like to leave as close as possible to the original color
And until now I have no idea what color of gold I'm going to use

Back