• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Hi All.Thanx for the cleaning info.
I am in South Africa, so no Oakley free top up.
I purchased Fellows , screen wipes.
Contains less than 1% alcohol.
Best I could find after months of searching.
Oakley kits are way too expensive to import.
Any thoughts on the wipes ?

Hi All.Thanx for the cleaning info.
I am in South Africa, so no Oakley free top up.
I purchased Fellows , screen wipes.
Contains less than 1% alcohol.
Best I could find after months of searching.
Oakley kits are way too expensive to import.
Any thoughts on the wipes ?
My favourite way of cleaning my lenses is to use an old micro-fibre bag and wet it with warm tepid water and a neutral soap with no perfumes or additives. Clean them then rinse them off with cold water, then I use my Camera lens blower to blow off the water so I don't have to wipe with a cloth and get dust on them.

Thank you for the method.
Any brand recommendations on the tepid water and neutral soap and I presume that is safe for polarized lenses too ?
I over my pb 2's too much.
I do get disk after, wipping with the Oakley soft bag.
Camera lens blower, I like that idea, so there is no contact at all after cleaning.

Thank you for the method.
Any brand recommendations on the tepid water and neutral soap and I presume that is safe for polarized lenses too ?
I over my pb 2's too much.
I do get disk after, wipping with the Oakley soft bag.
Camera lens blower, I like that idea, so there is no contact at all after cleaning.
There is plenty of soap out there that is not scented and is safe. Yes, the camera lens blower is perfect for clearing the water off and I use a micro-fibre cloth to edge them into the frame.

Thanx, I will look out for none scented soap.
Abit too much info, but here we go.
The reason I have a great interest in cleaning the lenses is, that I gel the front part of my hair.
So I do get gel on them and would like to clean them more regularly, but needed to make sure, exactly what I need to us.

I have some X-Metal XX 24ks that have minor flaking on the ear pieces, and I want to clean them off for sale. Is there a recommended method for this? I went through this thread but it is very extensive and I didn't see anything that seemed to address this.

I have some X-Metal XX 24ks that have minor flaking on the ear pieces, and I want to clean them off for sale. Is there a recommended method for this? I went through this thread but it is very extensive and I didn't see anything that seemed to address this.
There is nothing about cleaning frames in this thread. I would keep the earstems as is. It is a known issue. Let the buyer determine what they want to do about the flaking.

Back