• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to see if Juliets are for me?

Paintbb84

Oakley Beginner
Hi guys. I'm new to the forums here and I've been reading a lot over the last few days. I lost my 14 year old oakley splices a week or so ago on vacation and my wife convinced me that she really won't be mad if I upgrade to a pair of xmetals. I've always loved the xmetal Juliets since I was young but never had the $$$ to shell out for a pair. I've also been thinking about the XS due to the size of my head and the ability to tighten the nose bridge.

So here's my questions. I'm pretty sure I qualify as someone with a "bigger" head but I'd like to be able to try on a pair of juliets to see if they would work for me. Obviously, my local oakley vault isn't an option. Is there any way to try a frame without dropping a huge wad of cash on ebay (or waiting 2 weeks here) while I'm over here in Dayton OH? My second question, if I go with a used pair of XS, what should I be paying for them? I don't need an in box set. They would be worn often, but well loved and taken care of (hell, my splices still had perfect lens even though my eyebrows were wearing the paint off of the frames :)

Thanks for your help!

Hi guys. I'm new to the forums here and I've been reading a lot over the last few days. I lost my 14 year old oakley splices a week or so ago on vacation and my wife convinced me that she really won't be mad if I upgrade to a pair of xmetals. I've always loved the xmetal Juliets since I was young but never had the $$$ to shell out for a pair. I've also been thinking about the XS due to the size of my head and the ability to tighten the nose bridge.

So here's my questions. I'm pretty sure I qualify as someone with a "bigger" head but I'd like to be able to try on a pair of juliets to see if they would work for me. Obviously, my local oakley vault isn't an option. Is there any way to try a frame without dropping a huge wad of cash on ebay (or waiting 2 weeks here) while I'm over here in Dayton OH? My second question, if I go with a used pair of XS, what should I be paying for them? I don't need an in box set. They would be worn often, but well loved and taken care of (hell, my splices still had perfect lens even though my eyebrows were wearing the paint off of the frames :)

Thanks for your help!
HI Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about the Splices, that is a bummer.

One option is to see if there is a member here that is local to you and would be willing to meet with you and allow you to see the frames you are interested in.

If your only option requires you to actually buy them, good chance you can make your money back if you need to sell them.

One other option might be the XX's. They are the big brother/sister to the Juliets. Julies fit me snug but XX's not as much and many of our "larger melloned" members have mentioned that same.

Both XX's and XS can be found in our Exchange section.

@IUSTEVE has the largest cranium of anybody I know and he can often be seen rocking Juliets. He likes the XS as well. You'd be fine with either I'd bet...

This may be the truest statement on this forum. Though depending on how tight the nosebridge is Juliets can be a tad too tight for me. XX is definitely the best assuming you have a cranium that is equivalent to what I'm working with though you will spend a bit more for them over Juliets.

Most big heads cant accommodate the shorter ear stems of the XS because they dig into the side of your head, as opposed to wrapping around the back side..

That would be the one that would fit you the most awkward...

Romeo, XX and Juliets would be a better fit (in that order)...

7 3/8 hat for me. Tight Juliets are too much but looser ones fit okay. XX's are absolutely perfect. I think the Juliet looks too small on my face as well while the XX fits me much better look wise.

I wear a 7 1/2 in hats and the Juliets do not work for me. The additional size of the XXs along with the stem length makes it my x-metal of choice.

On a related note I'm also from Dayton- Alter HS. If I was back home I'd let you try my pairs but I live out in SoCal now.

This may be the truest statement on this forum. Though depending on how tight the nosebridge is Juliets can be a tad too tight for me. XX is definitely the best assuming you have a cranium that is equivalent to what I'm working with though you will spend a bit more for them over Juliets.
It may be! But we won't know for sure until there's some objective measurement!! What's the circumference of your head around the widest part?

Most big heads cant accommodate the shorter ear stems of the XS because they dig into the side of your head, as opposed to wrapping around the back side..

That would be the one that would fit you the most awkward...

Romeo, XX and Juliets would be a better fit (in that order)...

Same thing here- love the look of the xs but does the same thing to my head

Everyone keeps saying xx are bigger than juliets. Isn't the only difference between the 2 is the size of the orbitals? So unless you want bigger eye coverage they are basically the same exact thing. Am I wrong?

Back