• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I have to admit...even after putting my real Pit Boss sunglasses next to the pictures I really could not tell if they were real or not. These companies making Foakley's are really getting good at making them. I always look at the price first...if it's super cheap they are always fake. As real as they look I guarantee that they fit like crap and the clarity will suck on them too...not to mention the quality will be horrible compared to the real thing.

Edit: Okay just read the rest of the replies...so are these fake or not?

I appreciate this info, as I dont own a pair of Pitbosses and this is good for a future purchase....

I have to admit...even after putting my real Pit Boss sunglasses next to the pictures I really could not tell if they were real or not. These companies making Foakley's are really getting good at making them. I always look at the price first...if it's super cheap they are always fake. As real as they look I guarantee that they fit like crap and the clarity will suck on them too...not to mention the quality will be horrible compared to the real thing.

Edit: Okay just read the rest of the replies...so are these fake or not?

The pictures Oakleynerd posted on Page 2 are of his real ones.

The pictures I posted on Page 2 are of fake ones from that basames site.

So I think we are all agreed.

If you see some Pit Boss and think they cost far too much, they are real.

If you see some that seem reasonably priced, they are either:
a) fake, or
b) someone is accidentally selling real ones at what they actually cost Oakley to make.

Case solved.

I took some pics of mine. Nerd is right, they're not screwheads. Just rivets. But on my pair, the "PITBOSS" logo is actually raised, not pressed in. The "MADE IN U.S.A. CE" is also raised and all in capitals.

I also found a box with an "A" on the stem when the earstems are folded. They appear on both sides

Also on the left lens, it says "POLARIZED" in caps.

Other than that, there are no other letters or numbers to look for. So it would seem it's actually quite easy to make fakes of the Pitboss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks SpliceD for those pics! They really helped!

I have received my Pit Boss and I'm ecstatic to say they are 100% real! :D

Here are some pics as promised: (I realized after taking the pics I should have cleaned them a bit after trying them out after I received them... oh well...)

DSC_4878.jpg

DSC_4877.jpg

DSC_4884.jpg

DSC_4885.jpg

DSC_4887.jpg

DSC_4893.jpg

DSC_4894.jpg

DSC_4895.jpg

DSC_4899.jpg

Back