• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I am the KING of the Castle - X-Man juliet movie prop

You and me both! Apparently there was a mirror coating applied on the inside of the lenses or something along those lines in addition to the outside... definitely not a pair of lenses meant for anything besides looking really cool.

This is correct. The lens used in the movie is vastly different than the one in the auction. The base lens is deeper bright red compared to the burgundy one on the auction. There is a back side mirror coating as you said. It was suppose to hide the eyes from the camera and give the front of the lens as semi mirrored look without actually being mirrored. There is also at least a front side AR coating to minimize reflections for the camera.

This is correct. The lens used in the movie is vastly different than the one in the auction. The base lens is deeper bright red compared to the burgundy one on the auction. There is a back side mirror coating as you said. It was suppose to hide the eyes from the camera and give the front of the lens as semi mirrored look without actually being mirrored. There is also at least a front side AR coating to minimize reflections for the camera.
I always wondered how difficult that effect is to replicate; I've seen a few people with replicas that sport a far deeper red then even the first gen Rubies or Prizm Baseball have so I figured that it's at least doable by some labs, but I'm also figuring that they're one-off jobs that might be pricier than normal.

Just don’t pay! Cancel your account or delete your cards and create another account. There is an infinite amount of email accounts your can create. How do you think kash still scrolls among us?
Well that works till it doesn't anymore...

eBay will eventually block your IP address to prevent you from accessing the site, you can get around that with different device/VPN. But they also log the name/address associated on that account, so they'll flag your address.... or any other address you happen to use after your own are flagged.

One of best friends' brothers got perma-banned from eBay, over a decade ago and still to this day can’t use eBay. Granted he was most active in automotive and real estate listings where the dollar amounts were more significant… But eBay will still occasionally contact his family memebers to verify they are who they say they are and not him using their info on lower value listings.

Well that works till it doesn't anymore...

eBay will eventually block your IP address to prevent you from accessing the site, you can get around that with different device/VPN. But they also log the name/address associated on that account, so they'll flag your address.... or any other address you happen to use after your own are flagged.

One of best friends' brothers got perma-banned from eBay, over a decade ago and still to this day can’t use eBay. Granted he was most active in automotive and real estate listings where the dollar amounts were more significant… But eBay will still occasionally contact his family memebers to verify they are who they say they are and not him using their info on lower value listings.

Wow! Very impressive that eBay can go through allllllll that trouble to block one person from logging in but that can’t seem to weed out the fake/replica products that probably result in thousands of dollars in refunds.

Back