• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I am the KING of the Castle - X-Man juliet movie prop

Wow! Very impressive that eBay can go through allllllll that trouble to block one person from logging in but that can’t seem to weed out the fake/replica products that probably result in thousands of dollars in refunds.

eBay probably doesn’t have a replica expert on hand for every catagory of items they sell. I know they use an algorith to determine which listings are flagged/removed vs ones that slip by. I believe its based on how many people viewed the item in an alotted amount of time / by the number of people who reported the item as being fake.

An even then its still a liablity on them of verifying if the listing is fake or not, an worth removing…. I’ve also read of some newbies in the fake or real thread who seem satisfied with replicas if they get them for ‘free’ due to asking for a return, because its basically the same thing and free. 🙄

Where as bidding on an item and then not paying is striaght forward in terms of who’s liable and at fault… I think it’s also more worth their time as it’s a direct waste of the possible income they could get for those sales that don’t actually happen because you decided to walk away from your account only to do it all over again.

Back