• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I am the KING of the Castle - X-Man juliet movie prop

I seem to remember an article about those glasses. They were indeed created specifically for the film, and the lenses are unique. The article was mostly about how Marsden had trouble wearing them because they were vibrant red. In order to make the VFX easier, they were as red as possible already and Marsden had trouble seeing, and would get headaches wearing them too long.

They're a great collector's item, but I'm quite curious about those lenses.

I seem to remember an article about those glasses. They were indeed created specifically for the film, and the lenses are unique. The article was mostly about how Marsden had trouble wearing them because they were vibrant red. In order to make the VFX easier, they were as red as possible already and Marsden had trouble seeing, and would get headaches wearing them too long.

They're a great collector's item, but I'm quite curious about those lenses.
You and me both! Apparently there was a mirror coating applied on the inside of the lenses or something along those lines in addition to the outside... definitely not a pair of lenses meant for anything besides looking really cool.

Back