• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

In memory of a best friend @RoTors

I did not know Ross, but terrible news that a forum member has been taken from us.:(
Since he did not say goodbye or mention any illness, i assume he was in an accident ?

R.I.P. Ross

it seems like yesterday we were having brews and trading X-Metal.

I hooked him up with some of his very first X-Metals when he was getting out of the knife collecting bit, less than a month after he joined OF. We hit it off and met up in person for the first of many good times... Every time I saw him he was happy - never sad. Its nice to be able to say that, to share it here where others likely know this to be true - Thank You for that, Ross.

There are 12,274 'likable' reasons Ross should be an OF Premium Member for life! By far one of the most friendly and easy going forum members I have ever had the pleasure to share a brew and a meal with. I propose we give grant his account a Lifetime Membership in his honor!! :)

All,
I am not sure if this is the right place, but a great friend that had become my closest friend in the last two years passed away on 27 Aug 2016. I met RoTors on this forum, and due to proximity I was able to meet him face to face a few times. We texted each other nearly daily, talked smack, talked serious, joked, and laughed. It was nearly 6 weeks without any contact and I began to get worried. I reached out to @CarGuy to see if maybe he had heard from him. He found his obit online and broke the news to me today.

RoTors was a light in this world that has been extinguished too soon, and a great member of this forum as well. I hope people can say a few good words about him, and remember that the relationships formed here on this forum can become more than just internet friends.

V/R
Ryan
I loved talking smack with him he was so funny!!!

This is horrible. What a nice guy he was, and I'm not a big fan of people in general. He and I PM'd every once in a while, he used to live right across the river from me here in PA and we chatted about the area, and E-Wires! :)

I hope his daughter and family get through this with nothing but fond memories and smiles.

Godspeed to a friend I hadn't met yet.
Really you seem so nice and your job dealing with them too .

I've already spoken my peace here, most of it anyway, but I have something else to say.

We all have different ways of dealing with loss. As truly sad and downright tragic as this is, sharing this – and reminding others, to share the same when they can, while they still can, while those people are around to share with... The Ross I knew would have preferred for us to pay this forward, to make some of the best lemonade out of even the most sour lemons. He was so proud of his family and spoke highly of his friends - he always made that very clear. Remembering that and sharing that with others who were fond of him helps me cope and maybe it will remind some of you of those you know who deserve to know they are special in that way too.

Sometimes friends go away - they usually come back. I had not talked with Ross for a few months... He did not come back. :( ... I hope he can feel the good vibes coming from this thread and it helps his soul rest. He deserves that as he helped plant those seeds with so many of us.

@Admin, @OakleyBoss, @Rusty M, @Oakleynerd - Seriously, can we get that Lifetime Membership for @RoTors ?

Everyone else - I hope you can find a special person or three to let them know how special they are. I know Ross would have liked that. :)

I've already spoken my peace here, most of it anyway, but I have something else to say.

We all have different ways of dealing with loss. As truly sad and downright tragic as this is, sharing this – and reminding others, to share the same when they can, while they still can, while those people are around to share with... The Ross I knew would have preferred for us to pay this forward, to make some of the best lemonade out of even the most sour lemons. He was so proud of his family and spoke highly of his friends - he always made that very clear. Remembering that and sharing that with others who were fond of him helps me cope and maybe it will remind some of you of those you know who deserve to know they are special in that way too.

Sometimes friends go away - they usually come back. I had not talked with Ross for a few months... He did not come back. :( ... I hope he can feel the good vibes coming from this thread and it helps his soul rest. He deserves that as he helped plant those seeds with so many of us.

@Admin, @OakleyBoss, @Rusty M, @Oakleynerd - Seriously, can we get that Lifetime Membership for @RoTors ?

Everyone else - I hope you can find a special person or three to let them know how special they are. I know Ross would have liked that. :)
It's very true. We take stuff for granted a lot. We always think we can do somthing another day, or see someone another time.. what We should take away from this to spend more time with our friends ,family and loved ones. Thank God they are still in our lives .We should show them and tell them we love them!

R.I.P Ross "RoTors"

cac20103-09f8-4998-92b9-9066cd0804e1.jpg

Latest Posts

Back