• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Infinite Hero discussion.

The thing about the SI sight is if you buy something for someone off the site it’s not taking away from anybody, they are still getting the profits. It’s when your using the Infint Hero logo on non Infinit Hero stuff it’s concidered an infringement of rights to the foundation. So technically selling a custom made Oakley product is technically illegal and so is passing it off as rare :lol:

The thing about the SI sight is if you buy something for someone off the site it’s not taking away from anybody, they are still getting the profits. It’s when your using the Infint Hero logo on non Infinit Hero stuff it’s concidered an infringement of rights to the foundation. So technically selling a custom made Oakley product is technically illegal and so is passing it off as rare :lol:
Well said

"Maybe everyone creating and re-creating classic oakley should send a donation to JJ since he is the founder of what we all chase".......

like I said before you obviously don't have a clue what the Infinite Hero Foundation is all about and why it was set up. You are comparing a foundation set up so everything SOLD with the infinite hero LOGO goes to the families of fallen soldiers to the an owner of company where he reaps the profits. So I will say it a little slower. When someone puts a logo of a nonprofit foundation on any item and then turns around and sells the item that persons makes money off the LOGO. Because without that LOGO the item would not be sold at that price....Are you still with me?:confused:...so when someone uses the LOGO to make money..it takes away from what the Infinite Hero Foundation is entirely setup to do, which is generate revenue for families who are struggling financially because of the sacrifice their family member (HERO) has paid for our country. Now please...if the message isn't CLEAR..dont ask me to explain it to you again. Instead look up the infinite hero website and read....You're Welcome...you are now smarter..hopefully...after reading the longest message I have and will write here

I understand fully what the foundation was set up for, the point I am making to you is why jump some forum members and not all? If you want to be the forum police then do it no matter who it is. So what are your feelings when someone buys IH items at retail or below and them come here and make a huge profit off discontinued items? Don't you think maybe that seller should make a contribution to IH? I seen you recently like a post where a member is selling IH and SI items but you didn't say a word to them. I am sure they are being sold for more than what they were purchased for so maybe let that sell know to make their contribution to IH as well. Don't just pick and choose and it suits your needs. You can act like and a$$hole and say it as slow want but I understand clearly it stands for.

“ coming in here and asking people who have access to the SI website to purchase items off of that site as well. This happened fairly recently when a well known forum asked someone to get them an item off the SI website and everyone just posted people who may be able to help get an item from SI”

There is a crystal clear forum rule about not organizing SI buys on here. The terms of service for SI members is also crystal clear about not profiting from or allowing non-members use the privilege of a membership.

SI prices are a good deal cheaper. It used to be even better (Gascans for about $50, etc).

An SI membership is earned. SI stuff is for the military/LEO community, like it or not. Some of the stuff is exclusive - but if you want it you have to earn it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is also a crystal clear forum rule for buying and selling but as soon as someone comes on without meeting the forum requirements but with something people want they they seem to overlook that rule. Again while others do it and they get raked over the coals. What people should do is just allow admins to be admins and quit acting high and mighty as it fits their needs.

I understand fully what the foundation was set up for, the point I am making to you is why jump some forum members and not all? If you want to be the forum police then do it no matter who it is. So what are your feelings when someone buys IH items at retail or below and them come here and make a huge profit off discontinued items? Don't you think maybe that seller should make a contribution to IH? I seen you recently like a post where a member is selling IH and SI items but you didn't say a word to them. I am sure they are being sold for more than what they were purchased for so maybe let that sell know to make their contribution to IH as well. Don't just pick and choose and it suits your needs. You can act like and a$$hole and say it as slow want but I understand clearly it stands for.
Who? (I think I know of one...)

Well said

This is not well said. It is actually taking away from people who put their lives and safety on the line daily in order to get the right to buy from SI. Like I said earlier while someone sitting in a cubical or behind a desk benefits from their hard work.

You were saying other members have sold IH items and didn’t get the hassle....just curious of who? (Or is it whom?) :)
Perhaps the issue on this item is it’s custom IH and not OEM IH, where money’s would have gone to the foundation on the initial sale?

I haven't kept notes on sellers but I have see custom IH juliets posted several different times. I have also seen a couple different versions of pitbosses but I don't recall anyone saying anything. If I remember right I have seen custom made bob displays colored IH colors as well.

I haven't kept notes on sellers but I have see custom IH juliets posted several different times. I have also seen a couple different versions of pitbosses but I don't recall anyone saying anything. If I remember right I have seen custom made bob displays colored IH colors as well.
I’d agree with that...wonder why this one got the heat?

Latest Posts

Back