• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Introduce Yourself!

Holy crap, Mayberry (Andy Griffith, Aunt Bea putting a pie in the window, etc.... basically the way I describe where I live). never has anything cool like that.

I do hit thrift stores when I'm near them, but have yet to see an authentic pair of Oakley's in such. Around here, people think any set of Oakley's has to be like a $200 pair. The local FB listings crack me up.

Flak 2.0 scratched lenses, janked rubber
listings will say dumb things like "Paid over $200, like new $150". Make me want to cuss a little. 😂

When I first landed on the forums, it was because I wanted to find out more about the mention of X Metal in the Badman I had picked up at my nearest Vault. Learned really quick those aren't X metals and that the "Ruby Polar" lenses in them weren't legit ruby. Seeing pics of others collections/pairs, I realized not only were my lenses not Ruby, but Badman wasn't at all X Metal. Stupid LUX marketing. Prior to buying my X Metal XX, every pair of sunglasses I ever owned broke or got damaged beyond the point of use.
Now, I just pay to have a refinish done every 1.5-2 years. Lol. Designed to last generations is tough enough to survive me. :)

Ive been pretty lucky with local deals in Canada. Craigslist and Facebook marketplace have been really good to me I highly recommend them. I’ve also been lucky at the thrift store I got all my a-frames from them and they usually charge 2$ a piece. I have a friend in pentincton who got real lucky and bought Romeos for 4$ at value village.
When I first landed on the forums, it was because I wanted to find out more about the mention of X Metal in the Badman I had picked up at my nearest Vault. Learned really quick those aren't X metals and that the "Ruby Polar" lenses in them weren't legit ruby. Seeing pics of others collections/pairs, I realized not only were my lenses not Ruby, but Badman wasn't at all X Metal. Stupid LUX marketing. Prior to buying my X Metal XX, every pair of sunglasses I ever owned broke or got damaged beyond the point of use.
Now, I just pay to have a refinish done every 1.5-2 years. Lol. Designed to last generations is tough enough to survive me. :)
Yeah I bought some eye jacket redux because I loved my og eyejackets and I was disappointed to be honest. I try to stay away from anything luxottica but they recently re-released flesh and chopsaw shoes and I had to buy a pair

Holy crap, Mayberry (Andy Griffith, Aunt Bea putting a pie in the window, etc.... basically the way I describe where I live). never has anything cool like that.

I do hit thrift stores when I'm near them, but have yet to see an authentic pair of Oakley's in such. Around here, people think any set of Oakley's has to be like a $200 pair. The local FB listings crack me up.

Flak 2.0 scratched lenses, janked rubber
listings will say dumb things like "Paid over $200, like new $150". Make me want to cuss a little. 😂
The local thrift store I’ve had the most luck is pearls. I go everyday and I find something cool almost every time I go there Instagram if you’re ever in the area I recommend checking them out they price their items very generously and even though the store is very small they always have something new.

Find the Show us your bikes thread. All mine are up there towards most recent pictures. My 2000 Haro Dave Mirra 540 Air is up with a few others. Have fun on the OF!
Cool - will look up the thread. Thanks! I have a 2000 Mirra Pro in red so probably looks very similar to yours.

Hello all, I'm excited to be a part of the forum. It all started with the purchase of some E Wire 1.0 off of eBay, then a new pair of Eye Jacket Redux. I'm looking forward to learning more and collecting, namely a pair of the original Eye Jacket, and a pair of original Racing Jackets.

Hi team, so stoked to have discovered this forum! I'm from Melbourne, Australia and bought my first pair of Frogskins in late high school (early 1990s...) - from memory they were either a clear or smoke grey frame with red iridium lenses. Since then I have owned various types - I remember having a set of eye jackets in the late 90s (speckled blue frame with red lenses), but can't recall the names of the other types. For some reason I then took a hiatus from Oakleys, but 5 years ago I picked up a new pair of frogskins like my old ones that my wife bought on a trip to Hawaii and now own a few more pairs. I've also decided to renew some of my riding gear and have some M2s and a set of early Radars. Looking forward to growing my collection a little more now too!

Hello everyone my name is Norman,

I live in Squamish bc and my first pair of Oakleys was a Carmel eye jacket which I still wear often. I got introduced to Oakley through board sports and I love surfing, skateboarding and snowboarding. I’m hoping to add a medusa, over the top and mars to my collection if anyone is looking to sell hit me up!

View attachment 1047563

View attachment 1047564
Aloha everyone. Welcome to the Forum. Happy to have all of you aboard. :cool-33:🤙

tmp 2.gif

Last edited:
Proabably about time i should introduce myself here too haha,
Hi y'all I'm Ghost, Graphic designer and 3D artist from Australia.

If you want to check out my work you can find it here: Website

I started my O addiction with the purchase of an a-wire thick a few years ago and was blown away at the quality and strength of the frame, from there i researched x-metals, one thing lead to another and now we're here.

It's been great chatting and learning new things with everyone on here and adding to the O collection.
Cheers, 🤙

Back