• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

is this a legit display case?

the back isnt glass nor are the doors. They are plexi.
The shelves arent straight rectangles, they have notches to allow the doors to swing.
If your buddy is willing to cut and bevel tempered glass for free, well thats a good friend.

Glass doors would be a great upgrade over plexi - make the most of your freindship..... I had a shelf made up for a single wide and just had it made a bit narrower (in depth) to accommodate the swing of the door.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapa

You can have the shelves cut without the notches for the doors and make it easier on your friend. That’s what I did. I lose about a quarter of an inch of shelf. I can live with that.

You’re still gonna have to find plexi for the back and doors unless you want it wide open. If you don’t have a cat or a kid thats not a bad thing. Doors aren’t gonna keep our a thief, just a 4 year old. Dust is still gonna get in there no matter what you do.

I agree with the other guys though, get it cheaper because you still have money and time to invest. I’d probably go as high as $150 on it and I’m cheap as ****.

Back