• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Jawbone/Split Jacket Jaw Piece Question

While I wait for the infrared jaws from Oakster to arrive...The sacrificial Infrared frame that gave up it's polished black jaws for the black polished frame from the Oakley Vault is using the sky blue jaws and black thrubolts. My pair had a defective sky blue bolt so I had to order a replacement set in polished black.

large.jpg

With black iridium lenses...But I think fire iridium would do well.

I just got a pair of split jacket and have the opposite question, could I get the jawbone jaws and convert my split jacket so they will take the larger jawbone lens? Also, I have the Asian fit version of the split jacket frame, are there any differences between the jaws between regular and Asian fit?

Jawbone and split jacket jaws are not interchangeable between the 2 styles. Asian fit are the same jaws.

Jawbone and split jacket jaws are not interchangeable between the 2 styles. Asian fit are the same jaws.

I am a bit confused, if the jaws on the split jacket works on the Jawbone as confirm in the earlier part of this thread (if the lens require a bit of trimming) then shouldn't it work the other way around?

I am a bit confused, if the jaws on the split jacket works on the Jawbone as confirm in the earlier part of this thread (if the lens require a bit of trimming) then shouldn't it work the other way around?

What he means is the Asian fit for the Jawbone is the same as the standard Jawbone and the Asian fit for the Splits are the same as the standard Splits. The jaws are not interchangeable between the Jawbone and the Splits for standard or Asian fit.

What he means is the Asian fit for the Jawbone is the same as the standard Jawbone and the Asian fit for the Splits are the same as the standard Splits. The jaws are not interchangeable between the Jawbone and the Splits for standard or Asian fit.

this is proven wrong on the pervious page. it may not be perfect but it can be done. It should work the other way around id imagine but you've have to cut the lenses to fit.

Enter the "Split Bone Hybrid" Completed..... These started out as an IH Split Jacket frame. Obtained Matte white Racing Jacket Jaws, polished white bolts, white earsocks and vented racing jacket ice lenses. Modified the lens to fit and added airbrushed white icons.

y7aruhy4.jpg

qypapyqy.jpg

buny8uha.jpg

py2ebu5a.jpg

dype9e5u.jpg

Back