• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Orbital Edges Uneven

One thing possibly overlooked...swap the screws out one side to the other and see if it helps it may be a warped screw from over tightening. Also, flex the orbital out a bit, if it was overtightened and now crooked, you may be able flex it and bend it back to where it was. Just a thought as seeing it that crooked is making me twitch as my OCD is kicking in. Almost like seeing the squished overtightened top orbital rubbers in romeos...grrrr

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing possibly overlooked...swap the screws out one side to the other and see if it helps it may be a warped screw from over tightening. Also, fleu the orbital out a bit, if it was overtightened and now crooked, you may be able flex it and bemd it back to where it was. Just a thought as seeing it that crooked is making me twitch as my OCD is kicking. Almost like seeing the squished overtightened top orbital rubbers in romeos...grrrr

I'll give this a go tomorrow! Thanks!

Yea looks to me that the orb is overtightened, or has been at some stage and make sure the gasket is in the right way, I replaced lenses yesterday and the thin side of the gasket was on the outside.

One thing possibly overlooked...swap the screws out one side to the other and see if it helps it may be a warped screw from over tightening. Also, flex the orbital out a bit, if it was overtightened and now crooked, you may be able flex it and bend it back to where it was. Just a thought as seeing it that crooked is making me twitch as my OCD is kicking in. Almost like seeing the squished overtightened top orbital rubbers in romeos...grrrr

Tried your suggestion, exactly the same result... I fear x-man is probably right and it's just a quirk of a first gen frame... I definitely have not overtightened the orbitals, they are borderline loose, lol. I just want to say thanks for everybody's suggestions! I think I have the answer to my question and I'll just have to live with it. I'm a bit OCD but maybe this will help me overcome it (or it'll drive me insane!) :)

Latest Posts

Back