• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Purchases Since Joining The Forum

Then yes, you may be immune... maybe.
Funnily enough, the one I liked next best after the Juliet was the Romeo II, which in some respects could be regarded as a half-frame Juliet... I had one briefly but only because the seller had put the wrong one in the package when he should have sent a Juliet.

I do love the Juliet, but others are just as pleasing once you get to know them. The XS for example is a pure work of art. The XX embodies all the juliet principles - expanded, and more aggressive. The R1 needs no words and holds it's own against anything to this day. R2 is lightweight and beautifully curved with open architecture and the Penny, if you've the face to fit, is stunning. I truly appreciate them all, even the mental Mars!

Funnily enough, the one I liked next best after the Juliet was the Romeo II, which in some respects could be regarded as a half-frame Juliet... I had one briefly but only because the seller had put the wrong one in the package when he should have sent a Juliet.

That is funny - when I asked you earlier about if you'd tried the others, I was thinking about how much the R2 impressed me when I first tried them...

I do love the Juliet, but others are just as pleasing once you get to know them. The XS for example is a pure work of art. The XX embodies all the juliet principles - expanded, and more aggressive. The R1 needs no words and holds it's own against anything to this day. R2 is lightweight and beautifully curved with open architecture and the Penny, if you've the face to fit, is stunning. I truly appreciate them all, even the mental Mars!

I don't really care for the Half-X - I'm not jumping on the bashing bandwagon; I just don't like how they fit.

XS I have sorta a love/hate relationship with...

I do really enjoy the Penny, but I wish the spring hinges were firmer. Or not spring.

I don't really care for the Half-X - I'm not jumping on the bashing bandwagon; I just don't like how they fit.

XS I have sorta a love/hate relationship with...

I do really enjoy the Penny, but I wish the spring hinges were firmer. Or not spring.
I don't personally class the half in the same category as the others. I've owned 2, one of which I sold and the other I gave to the mother in law and she loves them. I half like the style - no pun intended, but lens to lens they are to small for myself to cope with.
I agree penny hinges could be a little tighter although I've found this varies from frame to frame and the XS is a masterpiece with huge coverage, serious grip and I bet it's only the earstem length which throws you! :)

Yes, the earstem length is my problem with the design, but they also don't really suit my face, aesthetically. But at times they seem to work after all. I'm just so confused... :confused:
I think we're all so used to the standard arm length it's initially strange. I personally find them very comfortable for long periods. The squarer orbital must also be playing tricks with you :)

Ever wonder what 39 pairs of Juliets looks like? Wonder no longer! One pair is missing lenses (on their way from @InfiniteHero) and another pair of Ichiros are on their way too but a brief window on sunshine on a bank holiday Sunday gave me the opportunity, so I took it!

lOUWl2.jpg

dOZhsM.jpg

bim0p7.jpg

pIjZud.jpg

The perils of changing lenses....

My best pair of rubies are some replacement lenses I got not long ago, really good red, hint of purple in the centre, the best they put out in recent years for the Juliet really. And I just had them in a knockabout 4th gen plasma frame.

Meanwhile, I had some immaculate 5th gen x-metal/rubies that had disappointingly fruby lenses in. But still cool, because, you know, x-metal/ruby is just cool, regardless of how fruby the lens.

I'd been meaning to swap the lenses over for a while and finally got round to it yesterday evening.

The x-metals I always loved but they're now great, finally with the depth of colour to match the x-metal/jades they share a two-tier stand with.

The plasmas, though, I've fallen a bit out of love with. They used to stand out with those lenses but now, with frubies, they seem a bit lacking :( Might have to consider swapping in some of the lenses on their way from IH to make them exciting again...

Back