• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just before they met the rubbish bin

Brian Wood

Oakley Beginner
Hello all, and from finding, reading and now posting to this forum a few might give a big "NOOOOO!' to my story.

I bought a set of Pennys back in the late 90's and two pairs of Juliets......loved them but the frames lost their tightness and other sunglasses followed. The Oakleys sat unused in a drawer save for the occasional outing and frustration of just how loose they'd become.

So in the last week after little use I thought...time they are thrown away and the rubbish bin beckoned. I'd looked years ago at repairs to them but it seemed back then, hardly worth it but I checked again while the glasses were literally about to be sealed in the rubbish bag and.........WOW, HOW MUCH are the they still worth???

It seems like there are many more places to get them refurbed and as you can imagine they're no longer off to the tip in a rubbish bag.....lol

So hello all, I live in Brisbane Australia and keen to get the best recommendations on where i can get full refurbs on all my glasses. All need a re-tune of the lenses and after near 20 years of ownership I think new lenses are the way to go as well so fire away with ideas....

Hello all, and from finding, reading and now posting to this forum a few might give a big "NOOOOO!' to my story.

I bought a set of Pennys back in the late 90's and two pairs of Juliets......loved them but the frames lost their tightness and other sunglasses followed. The Oakleys sat unused in a drawer save for the occasional outing and frustration of just how loose they'd become.

So in the last week after little use I thought...time they are thrown away and the rubbish bin beckoned. I'd looked years ago at repairs to them but it seemed back then, hardly worth it but I checked again while the glasses were literally about to be sealed in the rubbish bag and.........HOW MUCH are the they still worth???

It seems like there are many more places to get them refurbed and as you can imagine they're no longer off to the tip in a rubbish bag.....lol

So hello all, I live in Brisbane Australia and keen to get the best recommendations on where i can get full refurbs on all my glasses. All need a re-tune of the lenses and after near 20 years of ownership I think new lenses are the way to go as well so fire away with ideas....
Welcome to the forum

Watch out for @cacatman as he Is gonna add you to some freaky list. ;)

You can get your pennies all fixed up here too. Just meet the exchange requirements :)

Just checked out the X Metal Workshop and great that theres someone here in Australia doing refurb work. Its time to resurrect/rejuvenate these three and thinking, new lenses while I'm at and some different colours. :dance:

Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 1.44.16 pm.png

Last edited:
Oakley Australia can no longer offer repairs, replacement lenses, or tune ups on any X-Metals.

I've unofficially taken over the support of X-Metals from them since 2015 to continue the legacy of X-Metals indefinitely. I provide all tune up services, repairs, custom works, refurbishments and genuine Oakley replacement parts & lenses. I'm an independent operator, which means I'm not Oakley; but rest assured your gear would be well cared for by an Oakley fan and my work are indemnified from the extremely rare case of a mishap to your frame

Back