• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just Got A Glimpse At The Rep Sheet For The Fallout Collection.

Not much to say since everyone here knows it's already coming out. No specific date but the rep gets to carry around this nice laminated binder with all these shiny things in it to look at. There were 2 pages dedicated to the Fallout Collection that looked very cool. Something different but very cool looking, I'm pretty stoked for them to release.

He also told the back story about the closing of the X-Metal plant. Oakley bought an old golf club titanium plant in Nevada and recently the company felt it wasn't profitable to continue because of the expense of the separate plant and staff there so they sold it. So his take on it too is that the company is going to be doing more things with carbon fiber and different materials like sheet metal, etc. Like with the Tincan and Tinfoil. I would say don't be afraid to try on that Tincan, I didn't think I'd like it from pics but the new Tincan and Taper are my 2 new favorite metal pairs, I love the Tincan. I need to get the Ferrari one now!!! =)

Just got my Fallout GR in Matte Brown Tort, love it. The icons have a nice subtle touch of a rusted look, actually wish it stood out more. I'm looking forward to grabbing the rest of the frames in the Matte Tort colorways....makes me miss my Murasaki HB ;(.

Just got my Fallout GR in Matte Brown Tort, love it. The icons have a nice subtle touch of a rusted look, actually wish it stood out more. I'm looking forward to grabbing the rest of the frames in the Matte Tort colorways....makes me miss my Murasaki HB ;(.

Get them dude. I know I will, so I can rock some matte tortoises while keeping the murasaki pristine. Ha!

Get them dude. I know I will, so I can rock some matte tortoises while keeping the murasaki pristine. Ha!
Exactly what I was thinking Jono! The Murasaki HB was like the prototype colorway...kinda sad that they released the same Matte Tort frames in other styles instead of keeping it strictly for the Murasaki, but on the same token I'm glad they did, cause now I can wear that dope colorway without worry. I still have one Murasaki being kept in safe hands...just have to buy them back, lol.

I'm new... but I've herd something from an extreeemely reliable source... She tells me that they are developing an X-metal 2?! I'm still staying tuned as I'm not keen on the 'made in China' that they seem to be doing as of late.

... She tells me that they are developing an X-metal 2?

O RLY ? 'Extremely reliable' ?

Sadly, we been hearing that for a few years now but it's been nothing but vapourware ... If your source really is reliable then quote her and ask for specifics ...

Double sadly, if there is a new titanium metal line than It will be made in China ... Without a doubt ... To save on costs, but we'll not be seeing any of that savings anywhere but in the stock market

The pair of Pennys in my signature are the only pair I have ever seen without a serial number. I worked with a supervisor about 3 years ago after they suffered a hinge failure. I sent my pair in for eval and was told they could not do anything for me. So after climbing the food chain I spoke with a supervisor. She sent me a pair of 1 off Pennys without a serial number.

All that being said she is the one that I rely on for information whenever I can get ahold of her. Im not a name dropper thus why Im not handing out contact information.

Exactly what I was thinking Jono! The Murasaki HB was like the prototype colorway...kinda sad that they released the same Matte Tort frames in other styles instead of keeping it strictly for the Murasaki, but on the same token I'm glad they did, cause now I can wear that dope colorway without worry. I still have one Murasaki being kept in safe hands...just have to buy them back, lol.

Agreed bros, since I got the matte black tortoise brook 2 weeks ago I've worn them at least 4 days. As collectors like you know, that's a lot of repetitive wear lol. I love the Murasaki and was sad that they brought the frame back to a regular release pair but screw it this new pair is sick. The icons are cool as hell and almost any lens goes. Just threw in Chrome polar this afternoon.

Back