• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Let eBay know how dumb this is...

@XxRuMKaxX

Lol do you realize this wastes the time of all sellers. I completely disagree with your statement. I usually don't comment much and argue with forum members. But the reality is, some of the eBay members, think in the same way, tire kickers.

If your not interested, don't place a bid. It's super simple. Why complicate it. If an item is up for sale with a ton of watches(interested buyers), you agree to terms and pull out early and not pay, you do realize it only hurts the seller

I'm actually hoping they put this into effect

All good vibes bro, just wanted to state my opinion from a high volume seller

I’m confused, eBay and PayPal split, when you buy something and pay with PayPal it sends you to their site to pay, so even if you agree to pay with PayPal you will still have to manually do the work to pay for it, unless when you agree it sends you there to set it up

Like this person who didn't pay. Claiming he needed a few days, several days later not responding. Point being is, would be nice for the buyers to take full responsibility by only paying if they are committed to purchase.

Screenshot_20230828_180235_eBay.jpg

@XxRuMKaxX

Lol do you realize this wastes the time of all sellers. I completely disagree with your statement. I usually don't comment much and argue with forum members. But the reality is, some of the eBay members, think in the same way, tire kickers.

If your not interested, don't place a bid. It's super simple. Why complicate it. If an item is up for sale with a ton of watches(interested buyers), you agree to terms and pull out early and not pay, you do realize it only hurts the seller

I totally agree with @Steven Goldberg

@XxRuMKaxX

I just give them a few hours to pay.... if no response I cancel and move on... if they do I give them 24 hours and if they dont pay I cancel and move on... They can still cancel you and get a refund. This doesnt make sellers lives any better or at least better enough to validate making bidding and offers a PITA for buyers. I really dont care if they do this even... Mercari does it to but it lets you have all the options available to pay not just direct payment. My bytch is that it has to be direct payment with eBay.

I’m confused, eBay and PayPal split, when you buy something and pay with PayPal it sends you to their site to pay, so even if you agree to pay with PayPal you will still have to manually do the work to pay for it, unless when you agree it sends you there to set it up
It bills your primary funding source now and does not do the redirect thing where you get to choose what you pay with. You can still on buy it nows but not auctions or offers

I just give them a few hours to pay.... if no response I cancel and move on... if they do I give them 24 hours and if they dont pay I cancel and move on... They can still cancel you and get a refund. This doesnt make sellers lives any better or at least better enough to validate making bidding and offers a PITA for buyers. I really dont care if they do this even... Mercari does it to but it lets you have all the options available to pay not just direct payment. My bytch is that it has to be direct payment with eBay.
I give the buyers the 3 days unless they drop communication. But the reality is, if an item is up for a while, it has stats, comps and watchers. When a person pulls out of a sale, you have to start the process all over. I don't expect the small time sellers to understand. Just stating my experience

Back