• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Lighting question

beau1890

Forum Counsel
Premium Member
So my 3.0 single is perfect minus one thing. The bottom flouros don't want to turn on unless you flip the switch on and off several times. Just wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue? Or if it's as I fear that the ballast is just going bad. Wires are all secure, and I switched the leads for top and bottom on the actual power switch to make sure the switch wasn't going bad. Same thing, top turns right on, bottom doesn't till you toggle on off several times.

So my 3.0 single is perfect minus one thing. The bottom flouros don't want to turn on unless you flip the switch on and off several times. Just wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue? Or if it's as I fear that the ballast is just going bad. Wires are all secure, and I switched the leads for top and bottom on the actual power switch to make sure the switch wasn't going bad. Same thing, top turns right on, bottom doesn't till you toggle on off several times.

Your ballast is failing. I just recently replaced 4 bad ballasts myself. Check out this thread for the ballast I recommend as a direct replacement. I believe I spent $11 or $12 a piece.

zcrxsi’s ongoing collection

Thanks Honda. I had checked that thread for replacement bookmarking purposes. Just wanted to make sure I was on the right path.

Yea it’s definitely your ballast. They go bad often especially the ones they used in the 3.x cases. When the top ballast in my double wide went bad it started to smoke like hell and the smoke started coming out of the leds in the top. I didn’t know what it was at first and freaked out.

Back