• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

LINEGEAR Japan Corner, Q&A, latest update

★We will be holding 15% OFF Summer Sale from July 14th★

Dear Forum Members,

Thank you for always supporting LINEGEAR.
We’d like to inform you about the 2022 Summer Sale.

LINEGEAR 15% OFF - 2022 Summer Sale

July 14 to July 24, 2022 (Japan Time)

・15% discount for all our items!
・Free Express shipping for a order over $150

※We are planning to hold Summer sale on ebay store as well.
※Summer sale will start at 14:00 July 14 (Japan time)
※During this sale period, the membership 5% discount is not applicable.

We offer 15% discount for almost of all our items.
Furthermore, you can get free Express shipping by placing order over $150.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity!!

Featured products

1)NXT® POLARIZED VARIA™ (Polarized Photochromic ) Red Mirror and Flash Black.
R1-NXTV-FB-POLA.jpg R1-NXTV-RM-POLA.jpg

2)艶消しTSUYAKESHI / Matte Lenses
JU-MT-BK.jpg JU-MT-ID.jpg

Please check the items which you like.

LINEGEAR Website
Replacement lenses, rubber parts and tune up for Oakley X-Metal series: Romeo 1, Mars, Juliet, XX X-Metal, Penny, Romeo 2, X-squared as well as Badman & Madman by LINEGEAR Japan

ebay store
LINEGEAR-Japan | eBay Stores

We are looking forward to receive an order from you
Arigatou!

LINEGEAR

★We will be holding 15% OFF Summer Sale from July 14th★

Dear Forum Members,

Thank you for always supporting LINEGEAR.
We’d like to inform you about the 2022 Summer Sale.

LINEGEAR 15% OFF - 2022 Summer Sale

July 14 to July 24, 2022 (Japan Time)

・15% discount for all our items!
・Free Express shipping for a order over $150

※We are planning to hold Summer sale on ebay store as well.
※Summer sale will start at 14:00 July 14 (Japan time)
※During this sale period, the membership 5% discount is not applicable.

We offer 15% discount for almost of all our items.
Furthermore, you can get free Express shipping by placing order over $150.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity!!

Featured products

1)NXT® POLARIZED VARIA™ (Polarized Photochromic ) Red Mirror and Flash Black.
View attachment 977111 View attachment 977112

2)艶消しTSUYAKESHI / Matte Lenses
View attachment 977113 View attachment 977114

Please check the items which you like.

LINEGEAR Website
Replacement lenses, rubber parts and tune up for Oakley X-Metal series: Romeo 1, Mars, Juliet, XX X-Metal, Penny, Romeo 2, X-squared as well as Badman & Madman by LINEGEAR Japan

ebay store
LINEGEAR-Japan | eBay Stores

We are looking forward to receive an order from you
Arigatou!

LINEGEAR
NICE!!!!

I
Aloha from Hawaii,

I've been using Oakley's since the early 1990's - really the only brand of sunglasses that I will use.

I have three pairs of Oakley's in need of repair, and am hoping someone can stir me in the right directions.

1) Square Wire OO4075-12. The arms on this pair are too loose and cannot be tightened. I'm thinking the metal has worn down too much. The problem with the loose arms is that the arms fold in and touch the lenses and have created scuff marks on the lenses.

2) Wiretap OO4071-03, in gunmetal. The left arm completely broke off. It looks like the inner spring at the hinge broke.

3) Wiretap OO4071-05, in flat black. Same problem as #2 above.

The Wiretaps have always been my favorite pairs until they broke. I replaced them with the Square Wire which has served me well, but I'm bummed that the arms can't be tightened. I just recently bought I new pair of Wiretap 2.0, so will see how that works out.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Mahalo.
might be able to help. I have wiretap 4071-05 and the RIGHT arm broke off at the hinge. Maybe we cd do a swap? Right for left? Please get in touch if you still need it. I’m in Scotland.

I have a question for @Linegear Japan

It is around costs and math. A couple of days ago I wanted to purchase a set of new Juliet Rubber pieces (the full set). I normally go to the website and order direct. The rubber pieces, after logging in, were $25.18.

As for shipping, the "standard" shipping on the site is not available for the USA, so I had to choose express which ended up being the full $31 for the shipment. So the total from the Linegear website was $56.18.

I was a little annoyed that shipping would be more than the item, so I decided to check on eBay.

On eBay I found the exact same kit in the Linegear store for $27.80. Shipping was $10.50, and tax was $2.30. So the total from eBay was $40.60.

So I saved $15.58 making the purchase from eBay. I am not sure why this would be the case. The eBay listing says it ships from Japan, just like it would from the website. I assume when a purchase is made from the website you can make more profit since no eBay fees are involved. So why wouldn't the website prices / shipping be cheaper to encourage people to purchase from the website vs eBay?

It is around costs and math. A couple of days ago I wanted to purchase a set of new Juliet Rubber pieces (the full set). I normally go to the website and order direct. The rubber pieces, after logging in, were $25.18.

As for shipping, the "standard" shipping on the site is not available for the USA, so I had to choose express which ended up being the full $31 for the shipment. So the total from the Linegear website was $56.18.

I was a little annoyed that shipping would be more than the item, so I decided to check on eBay.

On eBay I found the exact same kit in the Linegear store for $27.80. Shipping was $10.50, and tax was $2.30. So the total from eBay was $40.60.

So I saved $15.58 making the purchase from eBay. I am not sure why this would be the case. The eBay listing says it ships from Japan, just like it would from the website. I assume when a purchase is made from the website you can make more profit since no eBay fees are involved. So why wouldn't the website prices / shipping be cheaper to encourage people to purchase from the website vs eBay?
I did the exact same thing. Taxes were higher here the last time I purchased direct from linegear. Even from Max or Jon. I will definitely keep purchasing from ebay. Plus it was a thousand times faster shipping. Odd.

Well going directly through linegear makes sense when you place a larger order, single item is going to be expensive die to the shipping. So far I always end up over $300 so it makes sense. And because Im going through Max I always save on taxes.

Back