• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Looking for a pair of Oakley's for someone with a very narrow nose and full/high cheeks?

CK007

Oakley Beginner
I was thinking the Asian Fit..but honestly I don't really like most of the models by that line(just need something for everyday wear)..and the ones I do like aren't black iridium/polarized.

What I need:

1) Polarized and black iridium. I have very light eyes and my eye doc. recommended the darkest sunglasses I can find, also big ones(they don't have to be big just cover my eyes and sides)

2) They can't be see-through, isn't this what black iridium is for? because I tried on a pair of gascan's in the store and they were VERY see-through..so what the heck? I don't understand why..(yes they were black iridium/polarized)

3) Shape: Square-ish or Rectangular-ish only please. I have a round face, this shape suits me best.

4) Must be framed all around.

5) Again, I have a very narrow nose and full/high cheeks, so something that won't sit on my cheeks, perhaps something with a narrow bridge?

The problem I usually have is sunglasses sit on my cheeks..and I hate that. I can't have my sunglasses sitting on my cheeks.

I'v been looking online at some models and looking at how they fit on some people..checking out reviews, but by doing this I feel like I excluded all the models I'v looked at.. :/ because nothing seems like it would suit me..
by other people's reviews I'v concluded that:

Turbines(someone online said they might sit on cheeks? I don't know)
Batwolfs: not crazy about the shape, I know they're rectangular but the lenses are connected..really don't like that look on me.
Crankshaft: I don't know ..could they be too small/not provide enough eye coverage?
Gascan: very see-through -tried these on in store.
Freecell: online review-er said they are see-through as well?

Anywho, I could be wrong..either way I could really use some help. What do you guys think?

-Thanks! :)

Have you considered an X-Squared? I think it fits all your criteria, and fit is customizable.

I have the same profile.

Tbh, sports pairs are gonna be heavily in your favor, and you've might've already known that — hence the expressed disappointment in finding a pleasing, everyday looking pair. You can run the optional AF pad with the regular frame geometry (so, without the wider AF profile). That alone pretty much opens up every pair the option is offered on.

Blacked-out Jawbone is my go-to for something remotely...subtle, but secure. Lately I've been in idgaf mode and been wearing my Uranium Radar EV because I love the Outfield Baseball Prizm tint.

Also I think you are a little mixed up when it cones to saying that some pairs are see through. These sunglasses generally cone in many different lens color options. The gascans you tried on were probably grey lens with no iridium. I have black iridium polar gascans and I can assure you they are very much reflective. Fuel cell will also offer MANY options for lens color, especially on oakley website Custom shop. That being said, I think fuel cell might have too wide abridge for your nose.

Back