• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying Looking for Xeus

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
  • Tags
    xeus
Username Hidden said:
Why would anyone sell a limited item for less than they’re worth. $1000 is on the low end of what they’re going for even now. Unless someone is looking for a very quick sale, selling any lower than what they’re worth will prob mean they will end up being bought by a flipper and sold for at least what they’re worth all over again. There’s a reason you haven’t found one for $700.
I’m not a flipper. I wear my oakleys until they completely disintegrate.

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
I’m not a flipper. I wear my oakleys until they completely disintegrate.

Never said you were.

Username Hidden said:
Never said you were.
You said selling them for less than 1000 means they’ll probably be flipped, I agree if we are talking about eBay. But as far as my post and myself are concerned I’m just pointing out this is a non-factor, since I won’t be flipping them. I couldn’t tell you why someone would sell these for less than “they are worth” (which is a bit nebulous to begin with) but someone here in this forum sold a pair at 0% profit like 2 weeks ago. It happens.

Username Hidden said:
You said selling them for less than 1000 means they’ll probably be flipped, I agree if we are talking about eBay. But as far as my post and myself are concerned I’m just pointing out this is a non-factor, since I won’t be flipping them. I couldn’t tell you why someone would sell these for less than “they are worth” (which is a bit nebulous to begin with) but someone here in this forum sold a pair at 0% profit like 2 weeks ago. It happens.

Yea there’s a damn good chance it will end up in a flipper’s hand, because $ can be made….that’s how flipping works. It doesn’t happen only on EBay. All I can say is, if you’re holding your breath until someone else sells one at cost, then you better have strong lungs. Everyone knows they’re worth more than cost and what you’re asking for. That’s why no one is selling for the price you want to pay.

How likely do you think finding a BNIB R1 for original purchase price… or even $2-300 over original purchase price would be? Practically zero… and they weren’t made in limited quantity. You can barely find a used one for that price. The same concept applies here. Prices are set by the market. The market is made up of individuals voluntarily buying and selling, exchanging money for an item’s perceived value. Oakley knows this game which is why they do these limited releases. It creates a lot of hype and, with this specific release, gets @Inkkoonce all hot and bothered so it’s a win win for Lux

Username Hidden said:
Yea there’s a damn good chance it will end up in a flipper’s hand, because $ can be made….that’s how flipping works. It doesn’t happen only on EBay. All I can say is, if you’re holding your breath until someone else sells one at cost, then you better have strong lungs. Everyone knows they’re worth more than cost and what you’re asking for. That’s why no one is selling for the price you want to pay.
This is exactly why I didn’t name a price initially, I didn’t want this to turn into a “let’s debate the value of xeus” post. I never said I was waiting for a pair at cost, in fact I said 700 would be nice but probably won’t happen and that I will see what the lowest offer I get is. Please don’t derail my post, I’m just trying to buy some sunglasses 😎
Thankyou.

Username Hidden said:
This is exactly why I didn’t name a price initially, I didn’t want this to turn into a “let’s debate the value of xeus” post. I never said I was waiting for a pair at cost, in fact I said 700 would be nice but probably won’t happen and that I will see what the lowest offer I get is. Please don’t derail my post, I’m just trying to buy some sunglasses
Thankyou.

I’m not debating the price of a Xeus. The value is whatever someone is willing to pay and whatever the other party is comfortable selling for and a lot of that is determined by past sales.

Please re-read my post. Never said you were looking for one at cost. What I did say is “If you’re holding your breath to find one at cost…” Very different than what you’re accusing me of saying

I wish you luck finding one for what you want to pay

Last edited:
Sorry, I can’t see your posts anymore 👍

LMAO dude blocked me. He didn’t even make it up to 20 account posts before he’s already blocking people. I didn’t know basic economics could be so offensive

Last edited:
@pjd1234 wants to sell you one for $600

Latest Posts

Back