• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MARS SCAMMER ON FB DO NOT SEND MONEY!!!!

Walter Langkowski

ブンプ
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Las Vegas Nevada
There’s a scammer in Chicago claims he has a pair of mars Jordans posted and they are posted for $300. He asked for you to send him money to his PayPal business account, friends, and family. He can even photo shop a piece of paper into a picture to make it seem legit but soon as you ask him for a selfie with the glasses he flips out and says your an ID scammer even though he has pictures of himself on FB but truth be told his FB account is fake and that’s not him it’s a shell account and he was able to predate about 5 photos back to 2018 and 2019 but it says they where posted 5 days ago and his account was made in 2023. The moral of the story is don’t send them money you’ll never get anything.

5DBB879B-AB12-485F-9A1C-A586A8E6E12D.png

97D20233-047D-4E93-AEFA-24A6E12A3A6D.png

EBF901BA-BEA4-4632-9AA6-8E736D62FFE6.png

29DE1916-39FA-4415-8615-45892795283F.png

Last edited:
Another Mars scammer in Orange County, CA on Craigslist. Stole $600 from me on a couple items.

Damn, yeah 99 percent of the time if they’re asking for money with no recourse of you getting it back it’s a scam

From someone who has accumulated their entire collection from fb marketplace I can offer the following:

FOMO - fear of missing out on a bargain can make you make unwise decisions because you’ll do anything to get that $200 x metal that’s worth 1k because if you don’t somebody else will. Scammers know this and will start hitting you with other problems that involve parting with more money such as customs, shipping issues, taxes etc.

GREED - they’ll always have a few more gems at dirt cheap prices. Mention a watch they’ll have it and it will be cheap. This is a 🚩

STALKING - check their profile on fb. Some red flags are:
-brand new account. It’s easy to set up a fb account and start selling anything
-old account. There will be very sporadic activity with months or years between posts. Most likely someone has hacked a dormant account
-seller profile, are they active or this the only thing sold in years?
-few friends? Some people set up fb then don’t bother so it goes dormant ripe for hackers as the owner don’t use fb they don’t know

DETAILS - if it’s labeled truely why is it not priced correctly. Would you bother to hash tag something #mars #jordan or label it as mars Jordan x metal ect demonstrating knowledge of the product you’re selling but not bother looking for a price comparison??

EXCUSES - there will always be one as to why no goods and services or pick up or posting proof of ownership:
-away on business
-in storage
-I don’t have PayPal or it’s a business acc
-send half now half later
-a lot of others messaging etc so act now
-item in 1 location but seller in another

MOTIVATION
-very few people are online looking to do you favours. If it seems to good to be true then it is. This is especially true if you place a wanted ad. People spend all day every day looking for wanted ads to offer an item they don’t have using pics from the net. Always ask for proof of ownership but even then most of these people have set up fake ids to build trust, where did they get these ids?

IDENTIFICATION
-never send Id as proof to anyone in a transaction. Would you hand out digital copies of your driver’s license to strangers on the street? A lot of the time the motives of scammers is not to solicit money but to steal Id which is more damaging in the long run than losing $200

I know this may seem common knowledge or even self righteous but I’ve been scammed as well and it’s all a learning curve and if this helps 1 person then it’s been worth it

That dude is spitting out one listing after another... a copper penny, 24K X squared last week... He is a bit snakish... Asked for Cashapp and supplied me with the guarantee from the app. Problem is I read it 😂 Said right in black and white they only guarantee sales from business accounts. Makes me wonder how much he has collected from the ones who fall for it...

That dude is spitting out one listing after another... a copper penny, 24K X squared last week... He is a bit snakish... Asked for Cashapp and supplied me with the guarantee from the app. Problem is I read it 😂 Said right in black and white they only guarantee sales from business accounts. Makes me wonder how much he has collected from the ones who fall for it...

Back