• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Monster Dog size difference

MinC13

I should Work at Oakley
I’ve recently noticed that the arms on 2 out of my 12 Monster Dogs have more of a curve/bend to them. You can see in the pictures that there’s a pretty noticeable difference in the length between the end of each earstem. Both pairs with the more significant bend are second gen MDs (CAM hinge with “Monster Dog” imprinted on one arm) It doesn’t appear to be the result of a difference in generation though, as my other second Gen MDs appear normal. Curious if anyone else has noticed this

6FFEA131-7BE7-4304-9420-E1767351D610.jpeg
1B9F534A-384C-41DD-8E16-7FBC03BE8712.jpeg
E974A49C-5925-4B8A-991C-846A94369CD9.jpeg

I’ve recently noticed that the arms on 2 out of my 12 Monster Dogs have more of a curve/bend to them. You can see in the pictures that there’s a pretty noticeable difference in the length between the end of each earstem. Both pairs with the more significant bend are second gen MDs (CAM hinge with “Monster Dog” imprinted on one arm) It doesn’t appear to be the result of a difference in generation though, as my other second Gen MDs appear normal. Curious if anyone else has noticed this

View attachment 824008View attachment 824009View attachment 824010
Could be from different stresses to that specific frame over the years? I’m assuming it’s not brand new?

Could be from different stresses to that specific frame over the years? I’m assuming it’s not brand new?
That was my initial thought. Hoewever, I have a like-new OEM pair that doesn’t have that more pronounced curve.

Both pairs are cerakoted, so my other though was that maybe the curing process affects the arms, but I have other cerakoted pairs that don’t have it

That was my initial thought. Hoewever, I have a like-new OEM pair that doesn’t have that more pronounced curve.

Both pairs are cerakoted, so my other though was that maybe the curing process affects the arms, but I have other cerakoted pairs that don’t have it

How is cerakote cured? In an oven?

They are not. I do have multiple pairs customized in cerakote by the same person, one of which is smaller. The others are normal

That there are.

I actually prefer a tighter fit, but the difference doesn’t really bother me. I was just curious if any other MD nuts on here noticed this

Latest Posts

Back