• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Music Thread

I’ve heard that argument before and I stand by my statement.

Saw The Police in concert twice and Copeland has no equal.
Never seen them live, it must’ve been awesome. If you fancy drummers check out Mike Portnoy from his Dream Theater days. It’s amazing what those guys can do with all four limbs doing something different at the same time.

Good argument here @Tidezealot and @sratt17 about who is the best drummer, i am from a later generation so i didnt had the oportunity to saw Neil or Stewart on a live show but from what i have seen on live videos they are definetely some of all times best .

I have seen bands on live shows from different genres, from Metal to Progressive Rock, and Rock Bands in general, saying this, is difficult to compare drummers from different genres for example to most Dave Lombardo from Slayer is one of the all time best Metal Drummers i didnt get to see him perform live but i did see Igor Cavalera on his prime and he is also an amazing drummer.

To me from the present drummers Danny Carey from Tool is pretty good he has a pretty fine way of playing the drums and i been fortunate enough to see him play live about 7 or 8 times, the show that i liked best was the one at the San Diego Open Air Theater together whith King Crimson back in 2001.

Mike Bordin from Faith No More and Ozzy Osbourne is pretty good and he is a short dude i think barely 5 feet something and he rocks the heck out of his drum set.

My .02 cents

Last edited:
Stewart Copeland the BEST drummer EVER !!! Complete bad@ss ;)

I actually saw the Police here in Hawaii at our Aloha stadium. Synchronicity tour. Bryan Adams and Stevie Ray Vaughn were the opening acts. I was already into heavy metal, but took a girl to this concert thinking maybe I can get laid. But we (she) partied too hard during the show, and just finding the car after was an adventure. The girl passed out in my truck, and only got up to throw up in it. I took her @$$ straight home after that. Night was over. End of story.

A whole lotta Thin Lizzy, lately. (What, I'm a bass player)
Also a bit of Spock's Beard, Porcupine Tree, Kansas, Dream Theater, and Incubus.
There's more in the mix, but those're what come to mind..

Back