• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MUZM Racing Jacket complaints, quality control, and other horrors brought to us by Lux

Like this;)

:lol:
the-situation-glasses.gif

What were the cost of the new release tiger stripes? IMO they look like s###. Lux sucks. The numbering looks like it was melted in with a hot needle. They will never come close to the originals.

What were the cost of the new release tiger stripes? IMO they look like s###. Lux sucks. The numbering looks like it was melted in with a hot needle. They will never come close to the originals.
They were priced at £214/€245/$261.

I don't have an original Pro Racing Jacket to compare with, but I do have a MUZM Pro M Frame and many Pro M Frames - they look the same, though it seems/feels as if there was something different in the production process, which I guess is not surprising after all these years.

I prefer the originals; however, as the MUZMs marketed well and in limited numbers to make them more desirable, they will often command a higher secondary market price, even if the originals in relatively rare colours are BNIB too.

The serial will look like that because it is (I would guess) lazer etched into plastic so is basicaly melting it.
2401fbeb7e211c0aecfdd3f334f89fa7.jpg

Maybe it would have looked a bit better if it was printed onto the frame in a place where it wouldn't wear.

Having said that, the printing of the nose bridge text is pretty lousey - I have yet to see one where it is properly centred and it isn't very clean around the edges.
9a611830544fec4d0dceed463b9404a4.jpg

The originals text was noticeably sharper (and centred)!!
c995eedef1b8d3ac7b42dab816935510.jpg

I haven't done any measurements but there is a slight weight difference.
a35cb5aaa02750594d5e51cc0d9e3fc8.jpg

27ccec33840dbced6d1237d82d73a4a2.jpg

For me, though, it is a great pair to have in my collection and I will be making them a permanent addition.

Overall a good pair quality wise especially when compared to the other releases like the Subs and M frames that have a more cheap plasticky feel to them.
The off centered script on the nose bridge….. that is unacceptable.

Thanks for the answers. I guess the original price point isn’t outrageous. I thought for sure they would have a $500 sticker price on them.

Latest Posts

Back